“Love those Tacos”

Ranked #19 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: A farm-to-taco experience located in the historic 1950s Oasis diner on Bank Street in Burlington. Tacos and entrees are prepared with fresh, local ingredients and expressed as traditional Mexican fare. Fresh-squeezed margaritas and handcrafted cocktails are served in a lively, vibrant atmosphere. Full menu available until late Sundays through Thursdays and 1 a.M. Fridays and Saturdays.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

While living in the Burlington area on an assignment, I try to get down to El Cortijo once a week. Nice change from the Pub and Tap food that is the norm down here. Not too large a menu, but if you like soft tacos with some interesting fillings, I would give it a try. The Salsa and Guacamole appetizer is good too with a bit of a kick from the Salsa. Some limited but good beers there, with a very nice assortment of Tequilas. The Margaritas are made with all fresh ingredients. Service is friendly and accommodating.

1  Thank Brookly-NYC

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We had lunch here and we were disappointed with a few things. Nearly every Mexican restaurant serves a complimentary small bowl of Taco chips and Salsa, not here the waitress asked if we wanted some and when asked told us there was a charge. The Margarita was expensive and very small and really had a strange taste. When it was served I thought she mistakenly served me the smaller size instead of the large that I had ordered, the bill answered that question.
Having said all that the food was great, both dishes Tacos and Chicken Enchiladas were incredible and the seasonings were perfect.
We liked it but it was an expensive lunch.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

It is worth the wait! the small intimate setting, freshly made delicious food from local ingredients and friendly service. The owners own a few other restaurants in town. I can't wait to check them out.

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

This is by far my favorite Mexican in Burlington. Although I always wish it was a little cheaper , the tacos are always so delicious and it's one of my go to's when I go out to eat . It's a small restaurant so there is often a wait but the margaritas and tacos are always worth it .

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I spent years living in SoCal eating some of the best Mexican food around. This is right there. Clean fresh and tasty, though made for a mild palate. Fresh chips, good salsas, and a good although simple guacamole. I had a Pollo burrito and a Chorizo burrito...both we excellent..the Pollo burrito was helped even better with the addition of some of the house salsa verda. For desert the coffee was fresh and perfectly strong (I drink it black so there is no hiding bad coffee), a churro with chocolate sauce (mexican donut) excellent and a spiced chocolate brownie..maybe a bit too spicy for the non-spice lover but perfect for me. The Staff were friendly and quick even with a full house. The food is clearly made fresh so...it's not fast food and don't expect it to be out in 30secs. Good selection of beers and cocktails. Will be going back for sure!

1  Thank JumpingJake