“Like a old time movie theater with red plush velvet seats”

Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 11 Burlington B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Lang house is a old 3 story victorian, furnished with antiques of that age, with thick carpets underfoot throughout.Our third floor room gave a view of Lake Champlain over the roof tops of Burlington city. Spotless, friendly, helpful, with a gourmet quality breakfast awaiting you in the morning... newest one of my top three places on either side of the Atlantic.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gaelfire

Reviewed December 1, 2010

We were in the area college visiting. Such a perfect location for that but yet so much to do, wish we stayed longer. Plan to return just my husband and myself!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2010

We have been staying at Lang House since Kim bought it seven years ago. It is one of our favorite spots anywhere. The house is charming, beautifully kept and warm. The rooms are lovely and comfortable and the breakfasts are delicious. The location puts you in walking distance to just about anything in downtown Burlington--which itself is a great place to visit. More important however, is the fact that Kim and her team are unfailingly friendly and helpful. This is one special place.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ssdc1
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I highly recommend this B&B for people traveling to Burlington for pleasure. I was in town for my wedding, and our officiant recommended the Lang House as a romantic play to stay by our officiant.

The room was nicely decorated, spacious and well appointed. We stayed in the Captain Lyon room and it had a comfortable, luxurious-feeling bed and a nice seating area in the turret. The Inn offers three breakfast selections each morning - meat, vegetarian or house granola with yogurt. Being a vegetarian, I appreciated the availability of a veggie choice.

The University of Vermont is on one side and the town on the other, so there is plenty to see nearby on foot.

I had never been to Vermont, and this inn provided the experience that I had imagined.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Let's not complicate this...just a fine place to stay with wonderful staff, and personal attention without being invasive. I like a place I don't have to worry about while I enjoy the area, but Lang House actually became part of my enjoyment. Kim has a great staff, and dedicated her own time and attention to assure a great stay.

I always worry in these B&B situations that privacy might suffer, but The Lang House has struck the perfect balance. Your rooms and bathrooms are private and well kept. And there's enough space in the dining room, so that it feels more like a restaurant than a B&B. And the food was "get out!" good. It was what made getting out of the comfort of the rooms worthwhile...always a new spin, and always delicious.

Burlington is a great spot to visit too. If you've never been to Vermont, and like hiking, and laking, and photography...yes, even shopping...go.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kiroc
Reviewed September 29, 2010

We planned a wedding in Burlington and chose the Lang House as our place to stay. The staff was wonderful at helping to plan a variety of details. From having flowers, wine on ice and cheese & crackers all waiting in the room upon check in to coordinating with a baker to have special cookies delivered to the room after the ceremony. They also helped select special Lake Champlagne Chocolates for the big day.

The staff is very courteous and friendly. The breakfasts they served each morning were absolutely wonderful. My favorite was the granola. I had it every morning.

The room (Captain Lyon) was decorated very nicely and it was warm and inviting. All of the rooms seems very well appointed. We never heard any noise or had any issues. The location is perfect. We could walk or drive to everything in minutes.

I'd highly recommend the Lang House. It is not a big fancy hotel. It is so much more. It is quaint, charming, very friendly and more inviting. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. If you are looking for a hotel with a full room service menu, it's not a B&B but if you are looking for a place with character, history and absolutely fantastic curb appeal, look no further.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mickatl
Reviewed September 27, 2010

The location is perfect--within walking distance of downtown shops and restaurants. The decor elegant yet homey, you feel like you are staying in 5-star accommodations without the stuffiness. The staff could not have been friendlier, more helpful or courteous, everyone bent over backwards to make sure every little one of our needs was met. Seven of us staying there, we felt at ease congregating in the living room or in the sun room at all hours to visit and get caught up from the day--much better than a hotel. There is a different menu for breakfast every morning and if you can't find something on it you like, they'll cook you something different. The only complaint I had was I couldn't see my whole head in the bathroom mirror (Reed Room) but I overheard one of the staffers say they were taking care of that. The place is amazing. Stay there.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
1 mi away
Courtyard Burlington Harbor
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!