“The ideal place to stay in Burlington”

Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 11 Burlington B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta
“The ideal place to stay in Burlington”
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I highly recommend this B&B for people traveling to Burlington for pleasure. I was in town for my wedding, and our officiant recommended the Lang House as a romantic play to stay by our officiant.

The room was nicely decorated, spacious and well appointed. We stayed in the Captain Lyon room and it had a comfortable, luxurious-feeling bed and a nice seating area in the turret. The Inn offers three breakfast selections each morning - meat, vegetarian or house granola with yogurt. Being a vegetarian, I appreciated the availability of a veggie choice.

The University of Vermont is on one side and the town on the other, so there is plenty to see nearby on foot.

I had never been to Vermont, and this inn provided the experience that I had imagined.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Lyons, Colorado
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Let's not complicate this...just a fine place to stay with wonderful staff, and personal attention without being invasive. I like a place I don't have to worry about while I enjoy the area, but Lang House actually became part of my enjoyment. Kim has a great staff, and dedicated her own time and attention to assure a great stay.

I always worry in these B&B situations that privacy might suffer, but The Lang House has struck the perfect balance. Your rooms and bathrooms are private and well kept. And there's enough space in the dining room, so that it feels more like a restaurant than a B&B. And the food was "get out!" good. It was what made getting out of the comfort of the rooms worthwhile...always a new spin, and always delicious.

Burlington is a great spot to visit too. If you've never been to Vermont, and like hiking, and laking, and photography...yes, even shopping...go.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kiroc
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 29, 2010

We planned a wedding in Burlington and chose the Lang House as our place to stay. The staff was wonderful at helping to plan a variety of details. From having flowers, wine on ice and cheese & crackers all waiting in the room upon check in to coordinating with a baker to have special cookies delivered to the room after the ceremony. They also helped select special Lake Champlagne Chocolates for the big day.

The staff is very courteous and friendly. The breakfasts they served each morning were absolutely wonderful. My favorite was the granola. I had it every morning.

The room (Captain Lyon) was decorated very nicely and it was warm and inviting. All of the rooms seems very well appointed. We never heard any noise or had any issues. The location is perfect. We could walk or drive to everything in minutes.

I'd highly recommend the Lang House. It is not a big fancy hotel. It is so much more. It is quaint, charming, very friendly and more inviting. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. If you are looking for a hotel with a full room service menu, it's not a B&B but if you are looking for a place with character, history and absolutely fantastic curb appeal, look no further.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mickatl
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed September 27, 2010

The location is perfect--within walking distance of downtown shops and restaurants. The decor elegant yet homey, you feel like you are staying in 5-star accommodations without the stuffiness. The staff could not have been friendlier, more helpful or courteous, everyone bent over backwards to make sure every little one of our needs was met. Seven of us staying there, we felt at ease congregating in the living room or in the sun room at all hours to visit and get caught up from the day--much better than a hotel. There is a different menu for breakfast every morning and if you can't find something on it you like, they'll cook you something different. The only complaint I had was I couldn't see my whole head in the bathroom mirror (Reed Room) but I overheard one of the staffers say they were taking care of that. The place is amazing. Stay there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 23, 2010

My mom and I took a weekend mom/daughter road trip to Burlington, to see where she lived after college. My mom is very picky when it comes to cleanliness and hotels, so I knew I needed to find a really nice place to stay. I'm happy to report that The Lang House lived up to both of our expectations!

The Lang House is a huge white Victorian with a smaller guest cottage around the back. The house is situated on Main St. just a few blocks up the hill from downtown Burlington, so it's location is ideal for exploring the town.

We stayed in the Hayward room on the 2nd floor. We both thought the room was beautiful. The bathroom was tiny, but that's just a trade-off for staying in an old historic building.

The B&B staff, comprised mostly of local college students, were friendly, helpful and hospitable to us during our stay. In this economy where so many recent grads cannot find work, it really is refreshing to see an establishment that likes to hire young people.

Our breakfast was delicious, truly gourmet. The menu changes daily, and there are several entrees to choose from. You can see (and smell) everything being freshly prepared in the kitchen down the hall.

Overall, my mom and I both loved this B&B and enjoyed our weekend in Burlington. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010
University Park, MD
Reviewed September 22, 2010

We booked seven rooms for various friends and family members to attend a wedding. Everyone was pleased with their room and we especially enjoyed the common spaces where we could gather each evening to touch base, relax with a cup of tea and delicious home made treats, and plan for the next day. The rooms were clean and beautifully decorated, comfortable and elegant. The staff was always friendly, helpful, capable, and considerate.

Breakfast was something we looked forward to every morning. We had 3 options and each one was always delicious. Late in the afternoon we would return to find something freshly baked in the dining room.

The Lang House is located just a 10-minute walk to the center of downtown Burlington (the Church St pedestrian mall) and we found plenty of great restaurants and shops within walking distance. It is also a pleasant walk to Lake Champlain and back. Great location.

I highly recommend the Lang House.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 22, 2010

A large extended family gathering was well served by this Bed and Breakfast. The public areas were inviting and comfortable. The rooms were generous and well-appointed. The breakfast options were always delicious. The ambiance and staff allowed us to feel "at home", but at the same time, gave us excellent and cheerful service. I would highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hotel Vermont
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Courtyard Burlington Harbor
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!