“Awesome B&B”

Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 11 Burlington B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Bed & Breakfast is charming and well-kept. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is delicious and fun. And the location is perfect for walking to Champlain Lake and the shops on Church Street. I would love to visit again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Vincent room 303 the first night on the third floor and it was very quaint. The ne...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Alana R

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I highly recommend this B&B when visiting Vermont, it is in a great location because of its closeness to so many restaurants and attractions. We recently stayed at the Lang House for 3 nights. We chose to stay in one of their rooms located in the Carriage House, it was very comfy, warm and spacious. The best part of our stay was definitely the breakfast, it was so delicious. My favorites were the almond crusted french toast and banana pancakes.

The owner Kim and her staff are so friendly and welcoming, we felt very well taken care. Unfortunately we had some car trouble during our stay, and they were so nice and helpful (specially one of their employees, Bruce). They really made a bad situation feel a lot less upsetting.

We had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before this trip, it was definitely nice to have such a quiet and friendly stay in Vermont. Thank you Lang House!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank katty8622
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Our most recent visit to The Lang House was very enjoyable. We booked a room at the last minute and had the opportunity to stay in the Van Ness room with a view of Lake Champlain. Our favorite room to stay in though is the Allen room with its very comfortable king-sized bed (we are used to sleeping in a king bed at home). We enjoy staying at Bed and Breakfasts for the personal touch and the unique architecture of old homes – the Lang House is no exception. The staff is eager to please and very accommodating. We enjoyed a Vermont cheese plate and bottle of wine in the sun room while visiting with friends and playing card games. Breakfasts are scrumptious – our favorites are the popovers with maple sausage! If you are looking for fun winter activities, check out the zip line near Stowe or the dog sledding tours near Lake Elmore.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Yahoo359
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The folks who own and operate this B&B are the tops! The food at breakfast was simply fantastic. The house is beautiful as was our large room with very comfortable bed. The bathroom was on the small side as is often the case in these beautiful older homes. Short walk down the hill to the town and waterfront. The walk back after dinner was not a problem. Great place, you will be very happy with your decision to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tbouy
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We scheduled a quick trip up to Vermont this past weekend to get married, and Lang House made our 24-hour visit absolutely perfect! We'll always have fond memories of our stay here.

Kim and her staff were extraordinarily helpful and welcoming - they even had a complimentary cheese plate waiting in our room after our ceremony.... such a sweet gesture.

Their gourmet breakfast is worth the trip in itself!!! Both sweet & savory options are offered, featuring local and/or organic ingredients. Courtney prepared one of the best breakfasts we've ever had! And Julianna's service was top notch as well.

We stayed in the Garden Room, and coffee was delivered to our doorstep early in the morning. The staff here clearly knows how to treat its guests; they went above & beyond our expectations.

This historic house is within walking distance of both the university as well as the downtown area. Easy to get around town from its central location.

Wish we would have had more time in Burlington, but that just means we'll have to go back one day...

Room Tip: Garden Room has a jacuzzi tub!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WenJenBR
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I had booked a three night stay here this week with one of the young girls at the desk. In our conversation I had expressed my concerns about traveling in bad weather and what the policy would be to cancel. She explained to me that they could take my deposit and put it to a future date, and that of course they would not want us to travel in bad weather blah blah blah.. Well moments later when I got an email confirmation it said that I would lose my deposit and they had no such policy for weather is in place. When I called back I got a NEW young girl on the phone. This one was RUUUUDE. I explained what happened and that I just spoke with the other girl, and she could not be bothered with me. I said can we get the other girl on the phone as we JUST spoke ..nope! She told me that girl is gone and that it was in black and white in my email and to pretty much deal with it. Listen I get that there are policies, but then everyone should know them. But the real crime is the awful manner in which they handle the situation. She told me that I should look around for another place to stay that has what I'm looking for!! And that is just what I did. WOW!!! I picked a B&B because I was hoping for that personal touch that you don't get at the hotels. My advice to anyone looking is keep looking. They will tell you one thing and do another. TRUST ME! It seems as if the Inn is being run by a bunch of teenagers who are lacking training in the hospitality industry. Until they bring in a professional staff ...I would continue your search.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Christa V
innkeeperlang, Manager at Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

I am the second person that this potential guest spoke with, after making her initial reservation an hour earlier. A shift change had occurred and the other front desk staff member had already left the inn for the day. I expressed my apologies if our cancellation and weather policy had not been correctly conveyed to her and that I would ensure this was communicated to that front desk staff member and our other front desk staff members.

Due to her concern over a possible weather event preventing her from traveling, I even offered to hold her deposit for 90 days instead of our standard 30 days. When I stated to her that we could not allow an open-ended amount of time in which to re-book, she then asked to cancel the reservation. She was immediately refunded the full amount of her deposit.

In our experience, when inquiring guests have concerns and expectations that we recognize we cannot address, it is in their best interest for us to direct them to lodging alternatives better suited to their needs.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Lang House for a weekend trip to Burlington. The location is great.. within walking distance to many shops, restaurants, and the lake. Overall, our experience was fine. We stayed in the Carriage House behind the main house to avoid some of the noise that usually accompany bed and breakfasts, but unfortunately the people staying above us were extremely loud and we could hear them slamming the front door, stomping up the steps, and their conversations. The room was small, but comfortable. I am happy to see when blankets and comforters are washable and clean for each guest, as it is at many hotels, but this was not the case here. The bedding could use some freshening. The bathroom had a lot of towels and great bath products. I would prefer if there had been an iron in the room, rather than having to call and ask for one. The staff was generally friendly (some more than others) and answered any questions that we had. Breakfast was very good, as were the daily cookies. I also appreciated the access to hot tea and coffee all day. They provide a good selections of maps and brochures about things to do in the area which is always helpful. Overall, the place was very charming, but I would like to see what other options are available for a stay in Burlington.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hill22785
innkeeperlang, Owner at Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

We are sorry to hear that your stay here at the Lang House on Main Street did not fully meet your expectations. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the Lang House’s convenient location to all that Burlington has to offer and our delicious, made-to-order breakfasts.

We didn’t have a chance to speak with you about your experience. Lang House staff members and I strive to remedy any issues related to a guest’s stay while they are still our guests. Sometimes guests in another room simply need to know that they are disturbing another guest.

We provide many guest amenities such as coffee and tea, afternoon cookies, and irons and ironing boards. In order not to clutter rooms, these amenities are not located in guest rooms. Staff members are always happy to respond to guest questions and needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Courtyard Burlington Harbor
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!