“Superb in Burlington” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cambridge, New York
“Superb in Burlington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have been a business guest at the Lang House for 3 years on several occasions. It is a gem. The staff are capable, courteous and professional. The rooms are exceptionally clean, comfortable and attractive. And the food is some of the best I have had (especially the baked goods). The location is easy to get to and conveniently walking distance from great restaurants and bars in Burlington.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent. Despite being on Main Street near UVM, the Lang House is comfortabl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Abington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here on a very rainy weekend in early June, 2013 and had a lovely time. The staff was friendly, accommodating, and quick to answer any questions or help us with anything we needed. You must participate in the free breakfast as it is simply wonderful and very delicious. The rooms are very nicely appointed in Victorian/mid to late 19th century decor. The only complaint I have is that they should consider examining the electrical outlets. They are most likely aging (at least in the Allen room) because our chargers fell right out of the wall. This happens with aging outlets and they simply require a very new and inexpensive outlet to be installed.
The location of the home, nestled between the University of Vermont and Champlain College, made for the a delightful stay. I highly recommend this home for those that want a much cozier experience than a chain hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
innkeeperlang, Owner at Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hello, Mark! Thanks so much for your thoughtful review. I especially appreciate knowing that you had problems with the Allen room outlets. Checking all outlets is on our property manager's list. You are correct, these are an easy fix. Hope to have you as guests again, Kim
Mystic, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had to come to burlingtong for a wedding we stayed here as a last resort because we have a 2 year old... Honestly we LOVED it! All the staff was so friendly to my daughter and same as the guests as they thought she was a joy and loved seeing her. I read 4 bad reviews on the place and decided when I left that they were all full of shi$.. Yes they place has young ladies doing a lot of work around the place, but all nice and professional. I really thought a lot of them were sweet. I never write reviews but this was the first B&B I have ever stayed at and I will say I was pleasantly impressed! Food was great! We stayed 2 nights and had a full nights rest. I think we stayed in one of the smaller rooms. the Fisher room but still it was very cozy! I did not hear any street noise ,but that could also of been my fans fault. I will say the one problem I had was our fan! Our fan sucked. it sounded like someone was mowing a lawn outside. So we used the a/c.. Alos the coffee was great! I loved it and my daughter loved the hot coco and the cookies they put out! I def like this place. If I ever come back to the boonies Ill def. come back here!!! :)

Room Tip: Fisher room is small! But the room across was much bigger!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thanks, Danielle, for your review. All staff members, young and older, enjoy having children in the inn. They bring a nice energy with them. We so appreciate it when guests let us know they identify a problem. A new fan is being tested in the living room as I write this response. Come back to the boonies!
Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went to Burlington for a weekend. Stayed at the Lang House (with 2 friends) on recommendations from Tripadvisor. It was the best place, by far, to stay in Burlington. It was only a few blocks from the main restaurant area and a short walk to the waterfront. Everyone at the Inn was so nice and attentive. On their website recommendation, we ordered two bottles of wine and two cheese platters. With the sun shining in on a Friday afternoon, we sat in the sunroom and fully enjoyed the day. Can't say enough about their breakfast (pick from3 choices, which you are served), which surpassed all of our expectations. We will return in the Autumn. I highly, highly recommend it. My only wish was that our room on a mirror I could see in. I am only 5'2" and there wasn't any mirror I could really see into. The one in the bathroom was up too high.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skapec
Saranac Lake, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Lang House in late April and it was wonderful. Lovely accommodations, great location, fantastic breakfast and amazing staff. This was our first time staying at a B&B and we can't wait to return to the Lang House.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DarraD9225
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights there in late March - in the Garden Spa. The room was spacious--like a little suite with a hot tub, its own private entrance, a huge bed and really comfy robes--a little like the apartment I would have liked to have had right after college. Lang House has a liquor license and they sell a selection of wonderful bottled wines and a cheese plate to go with that selection. Heaven!

My husband and I really enjoy our privacy and coming and going as we please, and the Garden Spa was perfect for that. We socialized at breakfast, and kept to ourselves the rest of the time. The house itself is beautifully outfitted and more than comfortable. The staff were gracious and welcoming and the breakfast was hearty and fun. The location was perfect for us Burlington newbies, as everything was within walking distance (even in March, which I hear can be chilly there!). We will stay there again!

Room Tip: If you want the traditional B&B experience, choose a room in the main house. The owner said tha...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kristin038
Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I just returned to the Lang House (third visit and second review for TA) and were not disappointed. Room, staff, location, breakfast, maintenance all A-1.

This is a picture perfect New England B&B. The rooms are large and tastfully decorated. Great robes.

The staff very pleasant and accomodating.

Breakfast was delicious.

Recommend without reservation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IgFlitz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
#5 of 9 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 stars 1,189 reviews
Courtyard Burlington Harbor
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 14 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 stars 1,066 reviews

Been to Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!