“Best lunch in Burlington ”

The Farmhouse Tap & Grill
Ranked #21 of 247 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A farm-to-table gastropub dedicated to showcasing our many local Vermont farms and food producers. Award-winning local burgers, comfort entrees, and innovative nightly specials. The Tap Room delivers highly prized and rare beers from Vermont's backyard and beyond, with 24 beers on draught and over 200 bottled selections. Beer garden is open late spring and summer; downstairs parlor features a fireplace, tap room snacks, and is open during the fall and winter months.
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

We ate here during our stay in Burlington over the July 4th holiday. It was our best meal in the city. The raw bar items were fresh and delicious, especially on an extremely hot day. We also had heirloom tomato salad and gazpacho, both were fantastic. The staff accommodated our children with ease and the atmosphere of the restaurant was inviting and clean. My husband loved their extensive beer selection. I only have good things to say about this place!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,736)

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

We had lunch and they accidentally brought us the wrong burger which really wasn’t a big deal because the new burger was excellent- and they comped the burger to make amends. Great service and equally great food. Definitely worth the visit!

Reviewed June 27, 2018

Relaxed and friendly place with a nice selection of draft beers. Not getting enough beer from the drafts, we ordered cheese ale soup. It was aming the best I have had in the country. Had a nice garden salad to go with it. If you prefer something less than a pint (for calories or driving), 6 ounce pours are available. We had a friend join us m I dway through and actually sat and chatted for a while. I only do this when tables are available and I also always bump up the tip in these situations. Nobody bothered us and "a good time was had by all."

1  Thank Trainman334
Reviewed June 22, 2018

Lots to choose from here and the choices were unique. I had the lamb burger on a lark and was glad I did. Service was especially friendly and attentive and the food was just the right size portions. Would definitely revisit and recommend to others.

Reviewed June 21, 2018

We eat a few time a year at the Farmhouse and usually enjoy our meals. However, this time we were struck by the seemingly excessive cost of every item on the menu. The Farmhouse serves pub food that is priced as if it is being served at a white table cloth restaurant. Our dinners were good enough-- a veg burger and a brat plate for me, both served with a mound of fries. The food was good enough, but nothing special compared to run of the mill bar food. These food items were overpriced but lots of other items on the menu were even more expensive. Lots of beer choices were a plus. Service was so-so, a bit slow and not particularly attentive. Long story short: the Farmhouse seems to keep pushing up its menu pricing to the point that it has ceased to give good value to its patrons. That's disappointing, and I think we are done eating here.