“Loved It!!”

Ranked #8 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A farm-to-table gastropub dedicated to showcasing our many local Vermont farms and food producers. Award-winning local burgers, comfort entrees, and innovative nightly specials. The Tap Room delivers highly prized and rare beers from Vermont's backyard and beyond, with 24 beers on draught and over 200 bottled selections. Beer garden is open late spring and summer; downstairs parlor features a fireplace, tap room snacks, and is open during the fall and winter months.
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Food was great, servers were friendly and helpful and atmosphere was fun. Restaurant was recommended by staff at our B & B and described as locally sourced. Plus a large variety of local and other beers and wines. The beer/wine list was huge. They have flights of beer available- you get 5 choices, 6 oz. each. We had the waiter choose a variety for us- he did pretty good- we really liked 3 out of 5. Husband had 6 oysters and enjoyed them so much he ordered 6 more. I had the best cheese plate ever- you have several local cheeses to choose from and can have 1, 2 or 3 types. I ordered 2, one soft and one cheddar. Served with toasted crostini, a cranberry chutney and apple butter. I ate every bit- it was so good!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,625)

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Couldn't imagine of a better casual lunch right off of Church St. They have a short menu for lunch, but everything is fresh, local and tasty - and their fries are somewhat magical. Great terrace.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

We had lunch here and couldn't have been happier. The apps were delicious. Good veggie options. My food was cooked to perfection. The crispy pigs head was not like it sounds, it was the most tastiest fried pulled pork I have ever had. The bartender was fast and attentive. If you miss this place, you missed out. FRESH AND AWESOME. We will be back.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

We read about the Farmhouse Tap and Grill on Trip Advisor. As we were finishing our shopping we noticed this lively restaurant. We were fortunate to get a seat right away. I had the soup and salad. The white bean, sausage, and kale soup was excellent. The dressing on the salad was light and left me feeling satisfied, healthy, and content. My son LOVED his burger, my husband enjoyed the beets and feta, while my daughter raved about the tomato soup. We needed to get a second cup! Next time we will try the cheese plate and some vino. A terrific stop with surprising decor and atmosphere. Family friendly:).

Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stopped here for lunch while shopping in Burlington. I have tried to eat here before, but the line was too long. I am so glad we tried again. The food selection was good and our meal was excellent. The service was pleasant. I will be back.