“A great Tripadvisor find!”

The Farmhouse Tap & Grill
Ranked #20 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A farm-to-table gastropub dedicated to showcasing our many local Vermont farms and food producers. Award-winning local burgers, comfort entrees, and innovative nightly specials. The Tap Room delivers highly prized and rare beers from Vermont's backyard and beyond, with 24 beers on draught and over 200 bottled selections. Beer garden is open late spring and summer; downstairs parlor features a fireplace, tap room snacks, and is open during the fall and winter months.
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We happened to be shopping in Burlington and realised that we'd missed lunch, so we had a quick look on our phones and came up with this place for an early dinner. It was a bit quiet when we went in but that's to be expected at 4pm on a weekday, so we weren't put off.

I had the cheddar ale soup (it's definitely more cup than bowl size) which was delicious and the hubby had the blue cheese garlic toast which disappeared in record time! Our burgers showed up just as we were finishing our appetizers and we weren't disappointed! I'd ordered the the Angus farm beef burger which was excellent, though I substituted caramelised onions for the pickled onions and it was melt in your mouth good!

My husband had the Baller Beef Burger which was excellent, there was more food on his plate than he could ever hope to finish as the pile of fries was enormous! He gave special mention to the deliciousness of the pork belly on the burger and was hoping they offered it separately as another entree for our next visit!

They've got a great selection of beers on tap as you'd expect, though I only made it through one as we were short on time; I can definitely recommend the Trapp Vienna if you're finding it hard to make a decision!

1  Thank unicornfl
Write a ReviewReviews (1,648)

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Really great food and friendly service. We were clearly out of towers and the staff was super friendly. We ordered some local cheeses and one was not to our liking, so they brought out another cheese to try. Great local beer selection. My daughter had a vegetarian entree, I had local pork. Fantastic.

1  Thank jimmyihatetoregister
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We really enjoyed our meal at the farmhouse. Their selection of beers is extensive and the staff can really help you pick a good one. I had the lamb burger which was good and perfectly juicy, the kids had the burger and my husband and friends tried their pulled pork. Eveything was good and of really good quality. The food took a little long to be served but it just goes to prove that it is made fresh to order which we can truly appreciate! The staff was great and they took no time to accommodate our group of 8 (with 4 kids). We would definitely return.

1  Thank LOTUS1970
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We had four folks in our party. Last evening was my first time at this restaurant. First off, I like to drink Chardonnay wine. They only had one choice, very poor quality...at a price of $9.00 per glass.
Then I ordered their pretzel for $5.00. The pretzel was about 5 inches in diameter and "burnt."
I then ordered their famous burger with bacon and cheese. This was a $19.00 hamburger...outrageous!!! The burger was only about 3 inches round and about 1 inch thick. Once again, the bacon on my burger was "black or burnt."

I cannot believe this restaurant has such great reviews...I guess people like burnt food!!!

I will never go back to this restaurant again!!!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My family has been trying to eat at The Farmhouse for almost a year. We have been in Burlington at dinner time on past visits and have waited and waited for a table. We have never managed to make it to the point of getting a table (we give up). We were finally in town for lunch; brilliant! You can make reservations for lunch. We were promptly seated at a booth in the center of the restaurant. The venue is quite nice; open and airy with charming lighting fixtures above and on the tables. Our waitress was knowledgeable and attentive. But people go to The Farmhouse for the food and beer, not primarily the service. You won't be disappointed. Most of our group had variations of burgers, I myself had the turkey burger. Everyone raved. Right down to the side salad and pickles. Granted, one of those burgers costs $22.00! Everything is fresh, fresh,fresh, not easy in Vermont in March I would think. Of course, I must mention the beer. Wonderful selections of Vermont craft beers. Glad to see Hill Farmstead available as that option seems to be getting thinned out over the State. Two words of advice: Lunch and reservations. You can get reservations for dinner if you make them for the 5:00 pm hour. But why pay the extra? Make a reservation and go for lunch.

1  Thank Paris63