“Good food, vibrant atmosphere”

The Farmhouse Tap & Grill
Ranked #8 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A farm-to-table gastropub dedicated to showcasing our many local Vermont farms and food producers. Award-winning local burgers, comfort entrees, and innovative nightly specials. The Tap Room delivers highly prized and rare beers from Vermont's backyard and beyond, with 24 beers on draught and over 200 bottled selections. Beer garden is open late spring and summer; downstairs parlor features a fireplace, tap room snacks, and is open during the fall and winter months.
Carmel, New York
“Good food, vibrant atmosphere”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

A group of 7 had dinner here on Saturday night. We had a 5:30 reservation and our table was waiting for us. There was a line at the door. It's hard to believe a MacDonald's once occupied this same space! Service was very good, menu varied and food very good, as well. The beer menu was exciting for those who covet the brew, and they were not disappointed. My husband and I both had the ribs/chicken wings special. I thought it was terrific; he would have liked a sauce on the meats. Others had burgers, pulled pork, mac & cheese and everyone seemed pleased with their choices. Desserts were also very good. I would definitely go back - with or without the crowd. I want to try the burger next time!

• Korean first
Scotia, United States
“Life Changing Burger”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I went to the Farmhouse Tap & Grill based on the recommendation from the Hilton Hotel in Burlington….let me tell you I was not disappointed. I discovered that all of the food at the Farmhouse is considered "Farm to table", locally grown farm fresh food. I had the best burger of my life that night. The flavor was ultra fresh and they cooked it to perfection! Even the ketchup was homemade! I also enjoyed a cheese appetizer and a peanut brittle ice cream sunday desert that was delicious. Needless to say, I am forever a fan of The Farmhouse Tap & Grill. The selection of beers is fantastic as well. Finally, there is a cosy bar area in the lower level that is perfect for catching up with old friends.

2 Thank Jonathan M
Anghiari, Italy
“Great Beer, Decent Food but high prices, Stick to the Burgers”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This place has a very nice beer selection, some of it brewed on site. The rest of our party all had burgers, both veggie and meat, and seemed satisfied. I made the mistake of ordering Mussels, which were ok, but left me wanting for something more. I actually ordered arabiatta style, so I was expecting at least a little kick. I had others in the party try them to see what they thought and they agreed that there was no spiceyness going on at all. The sauce was decent and dipping in the garlic toast points was the higlight of the mean. We had a hummus appetizer, which was excellent. Way better than my meal.

Visited March 2014
Middletown, Connecticut
“Outstanding as always”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

A trip in the area will always mean dining here. The food is fantastic, the people friendly and the location perfect. Farm fresh/farm to table is worth paying a little extra for, not that the prices are that much higher.

Heady Topper available at the bar. We had chicken wings (that are NOT deep fried!), to start. My wife had the mac and cheese (she always gets this here and says that nobody makes it better) while I had a burger. Great food. You need to come here and be a fan.

1 Thank jcharisman
Burlington, Vermont
“Chocolate Port Cake!!!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We visited on a Friday night; expect a 30 minute wait. This is well worth it, though. The atmosphere has positive energy, yet it is relaxing at the same time. The staff was fabulous; very patient for me to make a decision. My husband enjoyed his dinner special so much that he ordered a second plate of it! Farmhouse has local craft beers and specialty brews, and local products(meats, cheeses, vegetables).

• Visited January 2014