“Worth the wait!”

Ranked #8 of 241 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A farm-to-table gastropub dedicated to showcasing our many local Vermont farms and food producers. Award-winning local burgers, comfort entrees, and innovative nightly specials. The Tap Room delivers highly prized and rare beers from Vermont's backyard and beyond, with 24 beers on draught and over 200 bottled selections. Beer garden is open late spring and summer; downstairs parlor features a fireplace, tap room snacks, and is open during the fall and winter months.
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

While visiting the University of Vermont, my son and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner here! While we waited for our table, we explored the area and found some unique shops and activities (street players, ice sculptures, igloos, etc). The food was delicious, fresh and well prepared. My son said he's never had such delicious roasted chicken (made ME feel good) and his roasted root vegetables were cooked perfectly. I thoroughly enjoyed my cheddar & ale soup along with a scrumptious quinoa & cranberry dish. Really a nice meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,639)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We really enjoyed how The Farmhouse used local ingredients in their foods. I ordered a grilled cheese and ham and my boyfriend had a bacon cheeseburger; both were really delicious. The menu is small and the meals are a bit overpriced but we don't mind paying a little extra for local ingredients. We'd defiantly visit again.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was simply shocked that after all the recommendations I received to try Farmhouse how poor the food was. I'm pretty certain that the owners are coasting the coattails of their reputation; this place may have been something worthwile at some point, but let me assure you "quality" has slipped!
I ordered some french toast that was prices twice what french toast should cost (or costs anywhere else), but expecting a quality meal I felt it may be worth it. What showed up at the table was a burned, dry, and tasteless lump of bread that was even missing the Vermont maple syrup that is advertised in the menu. Not sure who is in charge of quality assurance at Farmhouse, but that job is not being done. One of the worst meals I've had this year.
My wife ordered a burger; not terrible, but certainly not worth the nearly $20 that was being asked for it (with a side upgrade). Had better burgers at chain restaurants for one third of the price.

1  Thank Advisor58
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Until I visited the Farmhouse Grill I had thought that Texas burgers were unparalleled (and I’ve tried them all over the country)… we stopped for an unplanned lunch as we walked by the place and it looked and smelled great. Keeping it simple, I ordered the burger – it surpassed my favorite Texas burger by a landslide. I also loved that they let us sample the cheese that would go on the burger in order to help make our choice (they have a whole section of gourmet Vermont cheeses for sale that they also use for meals) and I’m really impressed with how they make it point to use only locally sourced ingredients.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I would highly recommend a stop at the Farmhouse. We got a seat at the bar and had a full menu there. They have a nice menu that has many local foods. We both had the roast beef sandwich and it was outstanding! The bread was great and the slab of Vermont cheese made it perfect! The bartenders, even though extremely busy, were very attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. There is a huge beer selection with many local brews. I am not a beer drinker and went for the Citizen's Cider. It was great, not too sweet, and not to bitter. My husband sampled a few local beers and loved them all! We went in the winter, but the place opens up garage doors and has lots of outside seating in the summer! I would defiantly choose this over the Vermont Pub and Brewery!