“Interesting Food, GREAT Service!”

The Farmhouse Tap & Grill
Ranked #8 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A farm-to-table gastropub dedicated to showcasing our many local Vermont farms and food producers. Award-winning local burgers, comfort entrees, and innovative nightly specials. The Tap Room delivers highly prized and rare beers from Vermont's backyard and beyond, with 24 beers on draught and over 200 bottled selections. Beer garden is open late spring and summer; downstairs parlor features a fireplace, tap room snacks, and is open during the fall and winter months.
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Went here for an after party at a conference. We had a private room and bar. We had 2 bartenders, a waitress, and a chef coming out to bring us food. All of them were so nice! They were able to make great recommendations for food and drink and made the whole experience totally great! We had a spread of food: cheeses, liver, quail, rabbit, summer sausage, hummus, potato croquet, and onion rings. I also ordered the soup with chicken and wild rice. I'll preface by saying don't usually eat gamey meats. I did love the rabbit though! The rest of the food was OK. My soup really didn't have much flavor. I would go back here though and try a more conventional dinner. The menu looked liked it had some yummy stuff. The atmosphere of this place was also very impressive. Super cozy and comfortable.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I love the beer list here. Very deep! Nice to have a bartender that knows their product too.
The menu is fun and well balanced. I recently enjoyed a plate of the pate, rillete, chicken liver and summer sausage. Also a nice cheese platter.
Awesome marrow app!
I like to sit at the bar. The rest of the dining room is nice, just feels a little off for the ambiance the menu and beer list...

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Every time I go to Burlington I make sure I eat here at least once. All food is locally grown and raised. Burgers are the most outstanding of anywhere I've eaten. Fries are amazing...they even make their own ketchup! They also have a wonderful cheese menu served with apple butters and cherry compote and toast points. If you love beer then you will be in heaven because they have so many different varieties you will have a hard time choosing between them. Entrees are also amazing- don't miss this place if you're in Burlington!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had previously eaten at the Farmhouse for Sunday brunch. When back in Burlington, we tried it for dinner as well. As usual, it was packed so we were glad we arrived early. The food was tasty but for those with limited diets due to health issues, you should realize that the menu is not huge so it might be challenging to find something suitable. For me, it was difficult to find something sufficiently bland. However, my daughter ordered the mac and cheese, which normally I would think is terribly boring for an adult. When I couldn't eat the salad because the type of lettuce used and dressing was too spicy, my daughter shared her mac and cheese which was the best I ever had (crumb crust really made it interesting compared to what you'd make at home).

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I took my parents there and they loved the food and service. Different that there's no reservations, but it keeps everyone on an even playing field as far as the wait. Didn't have to wait long, but even if we did, its worth it.....between the bier garden outside or the downstairs bar with the fireplace, there's plenty of things to do to occupy your time.