“Lovely hard cider at Farm House”

The Farmhouse Tap & Grill
Ranked #7 of 239 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A farm-to-table gastropub dedicated to showcasing our many local Vermont farms and food producers. Award-winning local burgers, comfort entrees, and innovative nightly specials. The Tap Room delivers highly prized and rare beers from Vermont's backyard and beyond, with 24 beers on draught and over 200 bottled selections. Beer garden is open late spring and summer; downstairs parlor features a fireplace, tap room snacks, and is open during the fall and winter months.
Sharon, Massachusetts, United States
“Lovely hard cider at Farm House”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We walked in late on a January Saturday night after a movie without reservations and had only a short wait. We perused the beers on the board. Many we had not heard of. I am a hard cider fan and had at least two interesting choices (Citizen's Cider-very smooth). I chose the Mac and Cheese for dinner and was underwhelmed - too soupy, not enough flavor from the caramelized onoins. My husband gave me half his turkey burger - a far superior choice. The mac was a decent side dish to the burger. The atmosphere is cozy and the service was fine, although I prefer one server, as opposed to a team - you're not sure if your request got to the right person when someone you have never seen before brings your meal or drink. The Fram House was far from our favorite Burlington restaurant, but we appreciate their use of local foods.

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Farm House Speakeasy, Hidden Gem”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Farm House is a fabulous restaurant, I think the other reviews make this clear. The most unique thing about this restaurant is the secret lounge downstairs. Its paneling and woodsy feel make it seem timeless. They are very strict about the number of people that can be in the lounge at once which means that the customers are never crowded, but you may have to wait to enter.

Pro tip-It's worth it!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank gina8668
Middletown, Connecticut
“A must when visiting Burlington”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I had a few people tell me that this was a place to go while I was visiting VT and I must say that they were correct. It was a Thursday and the place was jumping. I thought it was odd at first that the bar is down in the basement but it really is a great idea! They have many local beers from which to choose and we both ordered and sat by the fire for our brief wait. After a short time we were called up and seated. The menu boasts a lot of fresh local food. I opted for a burger while my wife ordered the Mac and Cheese. My burger was juicy and flavorful while her's was not as cheesy as most (and that's a good thing) and sooo tasty. You owe it to yourself to come here.

• Visited December 2012
Burlington, Vermont
“Simple, good, local food-- prepared expertly”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Some other reviewer complained that there's not enough choice on the menu. Seriously? Look, this isn't Vermont Pub & Brewery, this is ACTUALLY a good restaurant. And as any good chef will tell you, part of maintaining a high quality experience for diners is to keep the menu simple. Every restaurant doesn't need to have 40 things on their menu-- this is a weird American thing to want to cram every possible thing into one place (like Walmart).

I for one appreciate that Farmhouse knows what it does well and sticks to it.

• Visited September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Refined casual”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Arriving late on a Sunday night, we were surprised to discover a twenty minute wait for a table. The host greeted us mentioning the wait time most of the evening was over an hour. We also were told that the restaurant is ranked by USA Today as having one of the "Top 51 Burgers in the Country". Friendly service, but disengaged waitstaff in only pointing out the menu and specials, not recommending anything.
Food arrived along with a condiment basket containing ketchup, stone ground mustard, hot sauce, and garlic aioli; it was tough to find a good match with the homemade French fries. Both burgers (one beef and the other turkey) were quickly finished....leaving us with no room for the locally sourced dessert options (and feeling a bit uncomfortable because our plates were cleaned)
The restaurant does a good job recognizing the local farms that supplies their produce, meat, and cheeses. There is also an extensive beer list to select from.