“Surprising cocktails, good food”
Review of Church & Main - CLOSED

Church & Main
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Church & Main is located in downtown Burlington, Vermont, at the corner of Church and Main Streets across from historic City Hall. Locally owned and operated, the restaurant offers a sophisticated yet comfortable dining experience in a relaxed, cosmopolitan atmosphere. As a member of the Vermont Fresh Network, we locally source as many ingredients and products as possible, and the creative Contemporary American menu will appeal to a wide variety of tastes. Church & Main stands out among the best and most coveted reservations within the Burlington area by adhering to uncompromising standards, ensuring that you feel welcome upon your arrival and always leave smiling. A creative kitchen, elegant atmosphere, sophisticated wine list, well-equipped bar, and a welcoming and responsive staff promise to make Church & Main a unique dining experience you will be eager to return to time and again.
Canada
“Surprising cocktails, good food”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The atmosphere was a little more parents-visit than some other places in town, but excellent food and wonderful cocktails.

Visited April 2013

Burlington, Vermont
“We had a great meal at the bar!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Came in later on a Saturday night and we decided to eat at the bar. Good decision. Great atmosphere, chsmpagne by the glass and tried the new charcuterie plate, What more could I want!!

• Visited April 2013
New York, New York, United States
“Best 31st birthday I ever had!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband drove us to Burlington VT for my 31st birthday celebrations and I celebrated my birthday dinner at Church & Main. Getting reservations on Open Table was easy. The ambiance was sophisticated but still lively. The other guests were obviously in a fantastic mood and very friendly! Our wait staff and servers were super friendly and attentive. We have a rambunctious 2 year old who was treated exceptionally well for a restaurant of this class. The food- taste and presentation was excellent. We had a wonderful time and would heartily recommend it to anyone visiting Burlington VT :)

• Visited April 2013
Cornwall, ON, Canada
“Quiet Evening on Church Street”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had wandered past this restaurant on other occasions, and decided to give it a try--and was quite pleasantly surprised. Although we had the restaurant to ourselves for the first half-hour we were there (the joys/perils of eating at 6pm). Our gin & tonics were quite yummy, as were our main courses of seared duck and blue cheese ravioli. We skipped dessert due to an earlier stop at My Little Cupcake off College Street, but the options were otherwise tempting.

• Visited February 2013
Burlington, Vermont
“Wish the steak was a touch better”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a nice restaurant make no mistake. My wife loved her seafood (scallops, she really loved it), great beers, nice bar and overall atmosphere, great servers. It got a 4 star instead of 5 because, although my steak was not bad, it was not outstanding. Hate to say, I could have got as good a steak at Outback or Longhorn, it just did not knock me over. Maybe I need to be more careful where I order a steak, not sure. My other slight regret is they served it with fries, could have been my fault for not asking, or theirs for not offering, but I would much rather have a baked or mashed potato rather than fries in a fairly high end place. Not that the fries were bad, they were good. Asparagus was very good though So they get a 4, I would go back, but with all the choices in Burlington, it will be awhile as I want to try other places.

• Visited February 2013