“Poorly cooked food”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Church & Main is located in downtown Burlington, Vermont, at the corner of Church and Main Streets across from historic City Hall. Locally owned and operated, the restaurant offers a sophisticated yet comfortable dining experience in a relaxed, cosmopolitan atmosphere. As a member of the Vermont Fresh Network, we locally source as many ingredients and products as possible, and the creative Contemporary American menu will appeal to a wide variety of tastes. Church & Main stands out among the best and most coveted reservations within the Burlington area by adhering to uncompromising standards, ensuring that you feel welcome upon your arrival and always leave smiling. A creative kitchen, elegant atmosphere, sophisticated wine list, well-equipped bar, and a welcoming and responsive staff promise to make Church & Main a unique dining experience you will be eager to return to time and again.
Burlington, Vermont
“Poorly cooked food”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Hosstes was great and seated us with without waiting. After being seated we waited 5 min. before the Waiter came to greet us and take our drink order. We asked for coffe and water, and the Waiter seamed annoyed that we did not order anything from the bar. After the busboy deliver the drink, the Waiter came by to take our order. I asked for a medium well Filet, and said "just a little pink inside". He said okay, and then I said "I don't like it if it's red inside, just pink". The Waiter said he understood. The food was delivered by someone other than our Waiter. The person delivering, mixed up order as to who ordered what. Cutting into the Filet it was red inside, medium rare at best. Having to flag down our Waiter, and showed him the Filet. I told him "this is not pink" he said he was sorry and would make sure it was cooked right. About 5 min. later a person in black suit deliver the Felit, still red inside. By this time the other people at the table was done or nearly done. I just eat the Felit. The whole bill can to $104.00, plus a $10.00 tip. The Waiter stopped me near the front door, and asked if there was a problem with the service? " Yes, the meat was not cooked to order". It was the job of the Waiter to ensure food is as order. He never deliver the food, just took the order.

• Visited November 2012
6 Thank Chris W
NSChurch, Manager at Church & Main, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for your comment, it really helps us to improve our service and make certain your future visits will be even more enjoyable. I would like to apologize personally for the less than perfect experience you had of our property. The issues you experienced are indeed totally unacceptable to us, our executive Chef and I have already taken the necessary steps to insure that this type of situation will not happen again.
I encourage all of our guests to voice their concerns directly to our management team. Our desire is to make your evening unforgettable. If you ever find it in your heart to give us another chance, please contact me personally, I will make sure your experience will be flawless.

Richard Jardin
Church & Main
rjardin@churchandmainvt.com

Northern Massachusetts
“Superior Bartending!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

You'll pay a lot for the drinks, but they're worth it. The bartenders take the time to explain the drinks they're making, be creative with yours, and let you try out different nuances to your favorite drinks... aromatic bitters... juniper berries...

Visited November 2012
Shelburne, Vermont
“Drinks, dinner, desert!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Martini, steak, mousse. Yes, yes, and yes. stopped in for Halloween dinner and was once again reminded why this place is in the top tier of Burlington restaurants. This place would be right at home on Brooklyn or Cambridge. An obvious recommendation for friends and family. (...and stop into the bar, I wager this place easily has the best cocktails in town)

Burlington, Vermont
“Great night out”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I took our firends advise and went to Church & Main this past weekend for date night, and they were right, it was from start to finish it was amazing. We started with one of their special cocktails that were out of this world. My husband had the Salmon and I had the Filet. Our server was very nice and attentive, he suggested a great bottle of Cabernet for us. Church & Main has a smart, sophisticated and sexy feel to it, the next time I can snag a babysitter for the night I'm there.

• Visited October 2012
United States
“good food, can be noisy”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

the menu is limited, i have a few friends who will not return. It is near hubby's office and they run Living social deals, and I find the soups and combination of food very inventive.... prefer summer dining outside...

Visited September 2012