“Loved it!”
Review of Das Bierhaus - CLOSED

Das Bierhaus
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Das Bierhaus you will find authentic German, Austrian and Swiss family recipes made with local, organic ingredients and served alongside the world's best beers! Prost! A note on our food:We have searched far and wide to bring you these traditionally inspired meals. Our dishes are homemade, using locally-sourced and produced ingredients wherever possible. They are based on authentic German, Austrian and Swiss family recipes and served with a twist of Vermont.We are dedicated to continuing old-world culinary traditions. As such, we support local farms and operate with no microwave and very limited freezer space — everything is fresh. Nothing is pre-packaged. Our food is prepared from scratch, and cooked with love.Das Bierhaus is a Chef-Owned Establishment. A note on our beer: We dedicate 100% of our draft lines to German biers. Our selection varies based on availability and seasonal variety. We constantly source new, limited, and/or up-and-coming biers from home and abroad, so there should always be something new to taste. Finally, we regularly pursue new German acquisitions and navigate the state’s regulatory system to bring them to you on tap.
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I wish we had one of these near our home! We stumbled upon Das Bierhaus while walking around Burlington and decided to go back for dinner. So glad we did! The staff was very nice and the food was fabulous! Great beer list and everything we ordered for dinner was beyond our expectations. I highly recommend trying as many of the small plates as you can to sample everything. If only it wasn't raining we would have definitely had dinner on the rooftop deck!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great selections of German beers served properly. Did not eat, so cannot comment first hand, but from what I saw it looked awfully tempting. Great rooftop deck and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have wanted to try Das Bierhaus since I saw the rooftop garden the last trip to Burlington. We have a restaurant across the lake in Saranac Lake, and I spent 3 years in Germany while serving in the US Army back in the 80's. While there, I worked with the US Culinary arts team that won gold in the Culinary Olympics in Frankfurt. I was also a member of the US Army Culinary Arts Team, and traveled throughout Germany competing in Heidelberg and Berlin among other places. Das Bierhaus brought me back to those glory days, and really captured the essence of Deutschland in it's feel, food and vibe. Sooooo glad we didn't hit the tourist traps on Church street, and made the (slightly) extra effort to climb up to the roof and enjoy a true taste of German hospitality! I even said to my wife as we left, that I want to close our restaurant and come to work for this fine establishment! I loved it that much. Oh BTW I forgot to mention, I am also a graduate of NECI. Just to let you know that we appreciate the effort it takes to capture a concept so masterfully. Danke Das Bierhaus!!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Order the 'Schnitzel on a Stick' just because it's fun to say, and tastes pretty good. Beware - if you order the pretzel bites, they come in varieties with sugar-cinnamon, chocolate, cheese and salted. Personally, when I'm enjoying a 'Maß' of German beer, there's only one way to enjoy a pretzel, and it doesn't involve cinnamon sugar, chocolate or cheese. Don't get me wrong - The pretzel is tasty, and pretty authentic, so I do recommend it.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Last time I visited Das Bierhaus I had one of the worst dining experiences of my life. We had a party of 5, it took us 2 1/2 hours to get one round of drinks and dinner, all of which was very overpriced. The food is good as long as you are not in a hurry but the service is terrible and they force an 18% gratuity if you have more than 4 people. I am not sure if it was due to the fact that the gratuity was guaranteed or if the server normally only checks in on you once an hour, either way don't go here if you want a quick meal and a beer. VPB or Ri-Ra's are right downtown and will always be the better choice.

1  Thank Robert B