“Informative, interesting, and entertaining.”

Queen City Ghostwalk
Ranked #9 of 23 Tours in Burlington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Chosen by Yankee Magazine as one of the best attractions in New England, Queen City Ghostwalk offers up plenty of history, mystery and spooky fun. Tour creator Thea Lewis, author of "Haunted Burlington: Spirits of Vermont's Queen City", "Ghosts and Legends of Lake Champlain", and "Haunted Inns and Ghostly Getaways of Vermont", is renowned as the area's foremost authority on Burlington's historic lore. She brings guests on a journey back in time, introduces them to local legends, and paints a chilling picture of Burlington long ago. Tours include Burlington's downtown, wicked waterfront, local cemeteries, and seasonal bus tours. Rain or shine. Private tours available. Tickets for scheduled tours are available at FlynnTix Regional Box Office.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
South Burlington, Vermont
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Informative, interesting, and entertaining.”
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Our first time was on Oct. 5, 2012. Wasn't sure what to expect. The stories were interesting and informative. Thea is well versed and has the perfect voice/tone for thus kind of tour. While not spooky/scary, it was entertaining. Planning on going to the cemetery walk on the 14th. Should be fun!

Boston, MA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great entertainment for evening Burlington!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We have taken quite a few ghost tours in the U.S. and Europe. The best ones have some theatrics, a knowledgeable guide, and some laughs. Thea did not disappoint. She has quite a "melifluous" voice, well-modulated and plenty loud. We probably had 60 people in our tour, so I didn't expect it to go too well, but she did a great job shepherding us and keeping things moving. Burlington is a hilly little city, but you can tell she loves it, knows it well, and the tales are very matter-of-fact.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank ColleenBoston
Washington DC, District of Columbia
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Good Tour”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

When I travel I try to take a ghost tour in each city I stay in, as I am interested in the paranormal. For Burlington I took the "Darkness Falls Tour". The directions said to meet on the steps of City Hall, but City Hall has steps on both sides, so I got confused, especially since there was a sign on the ground on the wrong side of the building. I finally saw a paper sign on the door of City Hall that said meet on the other side so I went around. I didn't see anyone to pay or meet, so I just sat on the stairs until I saw some people go up to a guy in a hat. He's the guy you see in the picture on TripAdvisor. Maybe he should dress in an old time costume or be holding a lantern or something, because I had no idea he was associated with the ghost tour.

At 8pm a scary vision appeared of a hooded woman draped all in black walking down the sidewalk holding a lantern. That was our tour guide, the lovely Thea. She took us around to various sites telling stories about them. Not all were ghost stories. One about UFO's, another about smugglers, etc. She was very nice and professional. I only gave 4 "stars" because it would be nice if she could get permission to take us into at least one haunted place, instead of just standing outside of all them. Overall, a good way to kill some time at night in Burlington.

Visited September 2012
4 Thank World_Traveler_6216
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Really Awesome Tour!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Met at the Burlington City Hall and when the clock strikes 8pm, magically this woman in a black dress with an umbrella appears walking down the walk towards you and stops and greets the tour group! The hour or so walk took us to several buildings and associated stories and histories about strange happenings at the locations over time, The tour guide was very impressive and she really knows the history and all the really neat 'spooky' stuff about the Burlington haunts we stopped at. Its a really neat out of the ordinary event that adds alot to your visit to Burlington...Its only an hour long, and goes by quickly as you listen to the tour guide wonderful stories about events of the past and present, Highly recommended!!

Visited August 2012
3 Thank alex d
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Time”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Had the pleasure on a recent visit to Burlington, Vemont to go on the Ghost Walk Tour. What a great time we had. Informative, Interesting and spooky. It just so happened that everywhere we had been for food, drinks or lodging was haunted. I would recommend this tour to anyone who enjoys learning some ghostly history about the city. Thanks Thea, for a great evening. We will be doing this again next time we are up in Vermont.

Visited June 2012