“Great food, huge portions, low prices”
Review of Asiana Noodle Shop

Asiana Noodle Shop
Ranked #59 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My beautifully-spiced chicken dish/soup was served in an enormous bowl, with a small ladle instead of a spoon. The chicken thighs were done to perfection; you could get the meat off the bone with chopsticks. Atmosphere was very relaxed. Service was friendly if at times a bit laid back. Really great place!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I just had a light dinner at at the outdoor seating area for this restaurant. Although I live in Burlington I've never eaten here before. I had a cold noodle dish with shrimp an a few greens and a beer. It came with miso soup. The udon noodles were mushy. The salad was tiny, The shrimp was OK. The soup was cold and uninteresting but I don't really like miso soup.

The whole meal came to 22$. I will not return soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

On a recommendation from a shop owner in Burlington, my husband and I went here for dinner. At first glance it seemed interesting, down a set of stairs to a small dark room with cramped tables. But, upon further inspection the tables were mostly filled with happy diners, so we stayed. The menu wasn't Thai but more of a fusion of Thai and other asian specialties, hence the reason for the name I gather. I ordered the Tom Kar with rice noodle and chicken...oh yum.......My husband order choo chee curry, at first he was alittle disappointed thinking it should have been hotter, but as he ate, the heat snuck up on him escalating to a near concern for his health! He loved it!!! Even with the heat you could still taste and enjoy all the vegies and protein... all in all it was great... I would highly recommend this restaurant... very clean, service was spot on, we should have gone back there a second time but we made a mistake trying a different restaurant.............

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Went yesterday to this awesome restaurant on the recommendation of a friend. Don't be mistaken: this is a casual lunch/dinner spot, not a fine dining establishment. The decor of this basement restaurant is clean and tidy with bold colors. We seated ourselves because the female server seemed busy with a phone-in order, and she promptly found us. The menu was confusing (Note: if you want to see a wine/tea/saki list, you might need to ask, but it does exist) but the server was more than happy to explain some of the items. I decided on a Thai coconut soup with udon and my boyfriend had the curry bento meal. We also ordered their summer rolls which came about 5 minutes after our dinner but I didn't mind too much, perhaps it was just a kitchen error.

My bowl was enormous but DELICIOUS, so much flavor, I ordered it vegetarian with dumplings and there were more veggies than I could name in the soup. My boyfriend loved his curry and loved the little bento dishes of different foods--a complete meal! The summer rolls were the perfect firmness for gripping with chopsticks and dipping in the chili sauce, and full of fresh herbs. I highly recommend a press of ginger tea as well. Bill came to $43 which is very appropriate for the amount and quality of food. Walked away feeling full, but a healthy sort of full, like I ate things my body would like! Would highly recommend.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I will start this brief review by saying that in the past I have only had positive experiences at ANS. Something just felt off tonight. I dont know if there is new managment, new staff, etc. But something just felt different from when I walked in the door. The menu format is new, there is wine available even though it appears no where on the menu, my waiter was nice but seemed very aloof (and at one point, when neither of us had beer/wine/water, we could see him in the back just seemingly dancing). Anyway, we both ordered noodle soups with Vegetables and Tofu. Neither of us got the tofu end of things, and when I enquired about this our waiter said he would only charge us for the Vegetable version of the dish. So.... One, there is only Vegetable version. If you look on the menu it say Vegetable and Tofu. What we ordered and what we wanted. Bascially we just got a blow off. We are literally talking about a 3-4 dollar issue here. Just take it off my bill. If the cook forgot to put in tofu, no problem. Just say he forgot, and we move on. But dont give me some excuse and still charge me full price. I want to come back to you. I want to recomend you. But this is just bad customer service. Again, the food was good, but was just lacking in ingredients that we ordered, and we still got charged full price after bringing it to their attention. I am not sure what is going on there, but it will for sure make me think twice about going back any time soon.