1,901 results
All reviews lake champlain church street corner room within walking distance fire pit front desk staff per day fitness center few blocks king bed bike path indoor pool garage conference downtown cat college
Reviewed September 7, 2018

If u want to be lied to and treated like garbage , HIlton BUrlington is the place to go. My wife and i travel a lot to Europe and also in the US and we always stay in a Hilton Hotel. This last stay was a very disappointing one. We checked in online and we picked a room , we got to the hotel the room was not ready not even after 4 pm , around 4.30 we were told it will be ready only around 7pm because they have a contract with an airline and their crew won't be leaving the room till around 6pm. I was very upset because my wife is pregnant and tired and i feel like we are being played. The receptionist offered to talk to the manager and the room was miraculously ready in 5 minutes. I don.t know what games were these people playing but we didnt appreciate it at all. The cleaning service was horrible too and the cleaning lady gave us attitude for no reason .

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MATAKUS
Tara M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hilton Burlington-Lake Champlain, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, I am so sorry about the troubles you experienced with us and wish I could provide a better answer regarding why your room was not ready promptly around check-in time. If there is anything we can do to make this right for you please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at tara.mcdonnell@interstatehotels.com . Thank you again for your time and consideration, please have a wonderful day.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

I would highly recommend this hotel, especially the lake views are definitely worth it. It's conveniently located to Church Street walking distance to shopping restaurants and the farmers market. But especially the girl that checked us in and noticed it was my birthday from my ID. And the next day when we returned from sightseeing there was two cupcakes and a birthday card waiting for me in my room. Great touch

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
PeteE288, General Manager at Hilton Burlington-Lake Champlain, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Good afternoon Carmi911! I sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback with us and fellow TripAdvisor followers. We truly try our best to have each guest walk out feeling like they were truly cared for, and we're glad we succeed with you. We hope that your travels bring you back again very soon! Warm Regards, - Peter Engard

Reviewed September 5, 2018

The location of this Hilton is amazing with great views of Lake Champlain. It also had easy access to the bike/recreation trail and other lakeside activities. The hotel is dated and in need of a serious upgrade. The housekeeping was terrible. When we first arrived in our room - dirty furniture, open coffee packets, etc... When daily cleaning occurred, the beds were made well, howeve, used glasses, and other items were left on the table! The parking garage was convenient but filthy! Disappointed in Hilton!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Tara M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hilton Burlington-Lake Champlain, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our property as well as your time here in Burlington. I am so sorry we fell short of the Hilton standard during your last stay with us - please know we take our guest feedback very seriously and I will make sure to forward your comments over to our Director of Housekeeping so she may investigate the matter further. We do hope you choose to stay at our property again at a later date and at that time we can leave you with a better lasting impression of our hotel as a whole.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

As a lawyer who travels a lot I've spent time in Hiltons and more up-market -- and down-market -- hotels all around the world. Our two nights at the HPLC were among the worst hotel experiences I've had in recent memory. $375 a night bought an impossibly tiny room next to the elevator shaft. Noisy, not a table, armchair added as improbable afterthought. Admittedly, it was UVM and St. Michael's College move-in weekend, the hotel was full. But charging extortionate prices for abysmal quality? Come on Hilton, you can do better.

Room tip: Any room NOT next to elevator shaft :-(
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Tara M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hilton Burlington-Lake Champlain, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, I am sorry we were unable to provide accommodations upon the typical Hilton standard during your last stay with us. Although you did visit during a busy weekend and I am sure we probably did not have another roomtype available I would still like to apologize that we were unable to get you into a more comfortable room for your stay as guest satisfaction is of course our number-one priority. If there is anything we can do to make this right for you please feel free to e-mail me directly at: tara.mcdonnell@interstatehotels.com . Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Hotel has a great view of the lake, rooms are clean. We had a late night dinner at the bar, and the bartender (Lapka) was by himself, with a full bar and short handed, but he did a great job. Food was very good. Next morning, the breakfast service was good, but understaffed for the number of people, could have been a little faster, but not the servers fault as she did as best she could do in our opinion with the cards she was dealt. We would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Get the lake view rooms if availble!
Date of stay: August 2018