“Hilton Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr”

Lake Tahoe (Nevada), Nevada
“Hilton Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr”
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Boy is it cold up here.
This Hilton has about 50% of their rooms renovated and are working on the rest of them.
I have a wonderful king room clean and modern.The restaurant is standard Hilton I had the butternut squash soup and wedge salad.I rate both as average.
Service as been very good from the front desk to the bartender who was very entertaining.

I will start rating the at mattress and pillows at my hotel stays now since they are important while traveling.

Mattress: excellent I woke up fresh no aches or pains
Pillows: nice and comfortable on the neck

Why stay here? Walk to shopping areas,Clean,convenient rates for a city not bad either 159.00 king and10.00 parking in a city area is great

Why not? N/A unless you get upset about 10.00 a night self park.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will share your kind remarks about our team as we truly enjoy caring for and entertaining our guest. I did want to point out that all of our room is on the same renovation schedule. I am not sure if one of my teammate’s mis- informed you. Also I love our beds as well and have purchased one for my home. It is getting warm here so I hope that you will return soon.

General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I give this a 3 because of the property itself. It's really not up to Hilton standards and is due for some updating. The elevators are beaten up, the beds are soft and the general appearance is quite dated. In today's world each room should have free wifi as should the business center have free internet. Basically the property and the pay per use internet is not worth the price. The saving quality that this property has is that the staff is very friendly and goes out of their way to help you and make you feel welcome. Hilton should be proud of the staff here. Everyone was friendly from maintenance to the front desk to the bar to the managers. If it weren't for them this would be an overpriced dud hotel. The location is very good and within walking distance of the downtown core so no need to drive around once you've parked.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind worlds regarding our team. They are outstanding hospitality professionals. Regarding the building we do have some major renovation planes. Next time you are in Burlington please let me know as I would be happy to share these with you and be honored to have you back as my guest.

Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We can't say enough good things about this hotel. This is the third year we've stayed here for the Magic Hat Mardi Gras festival. The hotel was sold out yet we were treated like we were the only ones staying there. The staff is more than hospitable and really seems to go out of their way to get to know us. We bring our dogs and never get a sideways glance or grumble about sitting in the lobby with them. We truely feel that we're staying at a small bed and breakfast by the kindness and manner of the entire staff, especially the front desk team. They not only run the hotel well, but also act as a concierge service for any request we had. We'll be back again next year for sure!!!! (maybe even sooner)

Room Tip: If you can get a room overlooking the lake, do so!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for being our guest again at The Hilton Burlington. We hope to have you and your pets can retrun to Burlington soon.

Yakima, Washington
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here first week of Feb. 2013 after dropping son off freshman son at Middlebury College. Plane flight canceled due to "Storm Nemo" but this hotel had a "stranded traveler's rate" which was a livesaver as I could not fly out for another 4 days. Free airport shuttle, staff was over-the-top helpful and friendly, offering to put a refrigerator in my room and informing me of interesting things to do on a daily basis. Bar tenders popped my microwave popcorn every night! Very comfortable room with beautiful view of Lake Champlain, mall next door, art galleries and restaurants within walking distance, and science museum/aquarium right across the street. What could have been an unpleasant 4 days stuck on the opposite side of the country from home became a mini vacation of relaxation. Will definitely stay here when visiting son over next 4 years!

Room Tip: Definitely love the lake view room over Lake Champlain, I was on floor 7.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing the Hilton Burlington. I am sorry the storm delayed your travel but am pleased our team help provide a mini vacation. I look forward to meeting you in person while you visit your son.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This just does not seem like a real Hilton. The internet didn't work anywhere in the hotel. There was no executive lounge. The room was very cold and would just not warm up. Instead of a proper combination safe, the room came with a very old key-operated safe stuck at an odd angle in the bottom of a closet. It was very hard to get my laptop in and out of it, and I was nervous about keeping track of the key. The room was dark and dated, and the bathroom was tiny and cold. There was no fridge or minibar. The service at the front desk was lackadaisical. I'm sorry to sound so negative, because I really like the Hilton brand. But, this hotel just doesn't seem like it's truly a Hilton.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy being my guest. Our teams top priority is to provide comfort and care for our guest and have them depart with wonderful reviews to share. I truly hope that you will return as my guest.

Sincerely
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Chose the hotel based on it's location for shopping and dining as well as a base for day trips to nearby ski resorts. Stayed 3 nights and was very happy with all aspects. Check-in was seamless, all staff was helpful and friendly, front office/concierge staff provided good recommendations for dining options.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Burlington. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Our location and team of Hospitality professionals are the best. We hope to see you again soon.

Manhattan, New York, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked last minute hotel room here during the winter break and loved it. Got upgraded to corner rooms and nice lake views. Also if you are going skiing or boarding its a nice spot to chose for nightlife and any northern vt ski resort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. You are right we are a short drive to some great snowboarding. We hope to see you again soon.

General Manger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,275 reviews

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!