“We always LOVE staying at the Burlington Hilton”
Review of Hilton Burlington

Hilton Burlington
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We can't say enough good things about this hotel. This is the third year we've stayed here for the Magic Hat Mardi Gras festival. The hotel was sold out yet we were treated like we were the only ones staying there. The staff is more than hospitable and really seems to go out of their way to get to know us. We bring our dogs and never get a sideways glance or grumble about sitting in the lobby with them. We truely feel that we're staying at a small bed and breakfast by the kindness and manner of the entire staff, especially the front desk team. They not only run the hotel well, but also act as a concierge service for any request we had. We'll be back again next year for sure!!!! (maybe even sooner)

Room Tip: If you can get a room overlooking the lake, do so!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for being our guest again at The Hilton Burlington. We hope to have you and your pets can retrun to Burlington soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here first week of Feb. 2013 after dropping son off freshman son at Middlebury College. Plane flight canceled due to "Storm Nemo" but this hotel had a "stranded traveler's rate" which was a livesaver as I could not fly out for another 4 days. Free airport shuttle, staff was over-the-top helpful and friendly, offering to put a refrigerator in my room and informing me of interesting things to do on a daily basis. Bar tenders popped my microwave popcorn every night! Very comfortable room with beautiful view of Lake Champlain, mall next door, art galleries and restaurants within walking distance, and science museum/aquarium right across the street. What could have been an unpleasant 4 days stuck on the opposite side of the country from home became a mini vacation of relaxation. Will definitely stay here when visiting son over next 4 years!

Room Tip: Definitely love the lake view room over Lake Champlain, I was on floor 7.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing the Hilton Burlington. I am sorry the storm delayed your travel but am pleased our team help provide a mini vacation. I look forward to meeting you in person while you visit your son.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This just does not seem like a real Hilton. The internet didn't work anywhere in the hotel. There was no executive lounge. The room was very cold and would just not warm up. Instead of a proper combination safe, the room came with a very old key-operated safe stuck at an odd angle in the bottom of a closet. It was very hard to get my laptop in and out of it, and I was nervous about keeping track of the key. The room was dark and dated, and the bathroom was tiny and cold. There was no fridge or minibar. The service at the front desk was lackadaisical. I'm sorry to sound so negative, because I really like the Hilton brand. But, this hotel just doesn't seem like it's truly a Hilton.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy being my guest. Our teams top priority is to provide comfort and care for our guest and have them depart with wonderful reviews to share. I truly hope that you will return as my guest.

Sincerely

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Chose the hotel based on it's location for shopping and dining as well as a base for day trips to nearby ski resorts. Stayed 3 nights and was very happy with all aspects. Check-in was seamless, all staff was helpful and friendly, front office/concierge staff provided good recommendations for dining options.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Burlington. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Our location and team of Hospitality professionals are the best. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked last minute hotel room here during the winter break and loved it. Got upgraded to corner rooms and nice lake views. Also if you are going skiing or boarding its a nice spot to chose for nightlife and any northern vt ski resort.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. You are right we are a short drive to some great snowboarding. We hope to see you again soon.

General Manger

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in mid-February and were very pleased. The complimentary shuttle picked us up at the airport and took us directly to the hotel. Check-in was smooth and the staff was extremely friendly in helping us find a nearby restaurant. The sofa sleeper wasn't made up but a staff member came up nearly immediately to make it up for us. The room was tight with the sofa sleeper open but both that and the king-size bed were very comfortable.

The hotel is in an ideal location for downtown, the lakefront, and the University of Vermont.

Breakfast was fine--fairly standard--with again, very friendly staff. My only complaint there was that there was no herbal tea. Very small detail!

We arranged for the shuttle to take us to the airport but when we got downstairs, the woman at the front desk that day told us that the shuttle had gotten delayed at the airport but she had already called a cab that would take us at no charge. Nice personal service and we were very appreciative.

Will definitely stay here again if our son chooses to enroll at UVM.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for this nice review of our team here at the Hilton Burlington. We enjoy receiving this kind of feedback as we take so much pride in our guest service.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I want to commend Ashliegh at the Front Desk on Sunday, Feb. 24 for exemplary customer service and sensitivity far above and beyond my expectations, or indeed anything I have received during my many experiences staying at Hilton, Hyatt, Westin and comparable hotels.
She responded with extraordinary compassion to a difficult situation that arose when I was checking out and attempted to use a Gift Card that my ex-husband had given me for the purpose of taking my son to a hockey tournament. The error was not Hilton's, and by explaining the situation clearly and offering a complimentary breakfast so I could afford to feed my son after I had to cover an unexpected room charge, she resolved an unfortuante and upsetting situation with positive results for my son. I want to express my gratitude to Ashliegh and to let Hilton's HR folks know that Ashliegh's strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve situations quickly are a tremendous asset to the organization and HIlton's guests.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for letting us know what a great job Ashleigh did while checking you in to our hotel. She is a great person to work with and truly cares about all of our guest.

Jeff Webb

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!