“Not what I would expect from Hilton”
Review of Hilton Burlington

Hilton Burlington
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Abington, Massachusetts
“Not what I would expect from Hilton”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My family stayed here for just one night in June of 2012 and I suggest that the hotel itself is mediocre at best. First, it's interior is in need of a major overhaul. The furniture, carpets, etc while not in terrible conditions are simply very dated and overused, therefore, they don't appear to be very clean. The first hotel room my partner and I were given smelled like mold and we detected an air-conditioner leak that left a good deal of the carpet near the window soaking wet. How long it had been left that way is anyone's guess, but I did smell mold so my guess is that it had been a while. We requested another room and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The bar and dining staff were also excellent, prompt, and courteous. The staff is truly their strongest asset. Otherwise, I would seek accommodations in one of lovely B&Bs nearby. While the location is excellent and the view of Lake Champlain is gorgeous, it's not a suitably comfortable stay (bed was too soft and lumpy) worthy of the Hilton name.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you reviewing our hotel. We have completed many project to upgrade our hotel since June 2012. We also have a complete renovation schedules later this year. I truly hope that you and your partner will visit again and see the changes to our hotel.

Jeff Webb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
montreal
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Got a great deal on Priceline for a Friday night stay at the Hilton. It is my son's favourite hotel in Burlington and he was really happy about that. We mentioned at check in that he loved the rooms that opened up to the pool/ jacuzzi and they were able to give us one.

Clean room, comfortable beds, yes the walls are paper thin but it's like that in all hotels. We walked to Church St. to get dinner and when we came back, we had a nice card in our room with a tray of cookies and cold drinks. It said they they were hoping we were having a nice son& mom weekend...

What a nice touch!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for letting us know that you and your son enjoyed the weekend get a way. The pool side rooms at the Hilton Burlington are great for guest traveling with children. I will be sure to let our team know that you appreciated the cookies.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at several Hiltons in the US and in Europe as well as in Asia, what comes to my mind is that the bed comfort is at all times very good if not excellent!
The typical shower solution with a wall mounted piece on a low level seems to be standard in North America, it beats me even if I am a short person why there is no hand shower or a higher s8lution, must be impossible to take a head shower if taller than 180cm.
Excellent service with hotel staff. Looking forward for the next visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for giving the Hilton Burlington such an outstanding review. Our team takes pride in this type of feedback as it shows our hard work is being appreciated. We do have a couple of rooms with hand held shower faucets. Please let me know when you return and I will make sure you are in room with one.

Holyoke, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This Hilton was ok. Don't get me wrong it was clean and had nice common areas and a nice tv in the room but I have stayed at many nicer Hilton's. those are the good things I have to say about it. Now for the not so good.
I asked for extra towels on the form online during reservation and didn't get them had to ask the maid who was very nice and did a good job.
We called before check in to make sure our room would have a fridge like it says on the room description and there was still no fridge when we arrived a 8:30pm. We had to call again then they brought it right up. It's things like this that a higher end hotel should make sure you are taken care of. I would expect this from a cheep hotel but not the Hilton.
No Internet included in the $200.00 dollar a night room then I ask how much extra $13.00 dollar a day wow.
No parking included in the $200.00 dollar a night room either that cost us an extra $10.00 dollar a day.
I can honestly say that this hotel is not worth the price. Maybe in the summer because of the location to the lake it would be worth it.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Steelpearl
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We agree you cannot find a better location to see everything Burlington has to offer. I will look into the other areas that you have mentioned that had kept you from rating us hire. Guest service is our team’s top priority and I am sorry to have missed these simple requests. Please let me know should you be back in the area as I would be pleased to have you return as my guest.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is not the hotel to stay at when temperatures are well below freezing. The bathrooms are frigid and have no heating system whatsoever except what manages to filter into the bathroom from the bedroom heating. If you are a fan to watching TV, it might be best to telephone ahead to make sure the system is working as expected without some channels being unavailable. When they are unavailable it takes several days for the hotel to fix the problem.

Room Tip: Lakeview rooms are worth booking if you expect to spend a considerable amount of time in the room du...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I trust our team addressed these issues with you while you were here. I will look into your comments regarding our television reception as I believe you had been miss informed about it taking days to respond to a service call. We offer outstanding HD programming on our new 42’ televisions. This is the first problem that I have received regarding this. Thank you for your feedback and I hope to have you return as my guest.

Jeff Webb General Manager
Boston
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were able to walk to dinner and got a nice lakeview larger room. Front desk staff was very helpful. Close proximity to all downtown businesses. We couldn't park in the garage with our rooftop carrier but another garage was nearby with parking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for this nice review. The snow has been great this season and Burlington has never been more alive. I hope you will return again soon.

New York
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice over the past 5 years and my review remains the same. The view of the lake is amazing and it's a short walk from the main street in Burlington (most hotels in Burlington require driving to get to the main part of town). The good: The view, the location. The bad: beds are saggy, insulation between rooms in lacking so I could hear people walking around upstairs, service is ok.

If you are thinking about staying here you should know:
1. If you are looking at paying full freight ($200+) for a room, you should check out prices at the Courtyard Marriott next door. It's a newer hotel with a potentially similar view. If prices are comparable I would stay there. This Hilton is not up to par with other Hiltons, so you're just paying for a name.
2. Don't waste your time getting the breakfast here. SERIOUSLY. Even if they give you a coupon for free breakfast they will make you pay $3 per person to eat any part of the hot buffet. And trust me, you will pay for this experience in frustration points alone. Service is slow, the room is windowless and depressing and the staff lacks motivation. Regular price per person for the buffet is $18 - now that is just crazy. It's Burlington, there are many many fabulous places for breakfast - all very close by!!
3. Parking - If you are planning on parking your car in the garage and not moving it until you leave, then don't let the Hilton charge you for parking. The daily rate at the garage is $8 a day. The Hilton will charge you $10 (but will give you unlimited passes to come and go as you please). Also, parking is free on Sundays....SO if you come any other day of the week and plan to not move the car until Sunday, you don't have to pay for parking.
4. Get a room far from the elevator. Every single time those elevator doors open, the elevator chimes. yes, really! I could hear it all night long. ugh.

Room Tip: Get a room far from the elevators! They chime every time the doors open.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travelgirl4489
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We will look into the areas that were of concern to you so we may see how we can make improvements. I look forward to having you return as my guest soon.

General Manger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!