“Great Location Beautiful Views”
Review of Hilton Burlington

Hilton Burlington
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Booked this property at the last minute during foliage season and was surprised to find the price was reasonable and defintiely not priced up for the season. It was modern and very comfortable. It was a modest sized room but everything was new and the room felt very clean. A bonus feature was the mini fridge and in room coffee maker with plenty of coffee and tea supplies. The views of Lake Champlain are amazing! Lake View rooms are $20 per category higher but well worth the extra. A basket of apples at the front desk was a fun fall feature.

The hotel is walking distance to everything you want to see in Burlington, shops, restaurants, theaters and the lake front district. The area was well lighted and felt very safe for late evening walking.

Room Tip: Book lake view and request higher floor to see above the tree tops.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our view of the lake in such a great way to start and finish your day. I hope to have you return as our guest soon.

Jeff Webb | General Manager
Hilton Burlington,
60 Battery Street Burlington VT 05401
Hotel: 802-658-6500
Direct: 802-859-5034
Fax: 802-863-7818

Reviewed October 15, 2012

3rd floor room overlooking the Lake Champlain - stunning - arrived at 6 PM - very helpful staff who pointed us in the direction of some restaurants and pubs.
Room was bright and bed massive - bathroom good size with nice toiletries.
Only had breakfasts in the hotel - Hilton Gold member so complimentary but only for cold food ( extra for anything hot !) We had the cereals and fruit but were asked on both days to sign for full breakfast - when pointed out sorted with apologies.
Only one lift working and would normally walk to 3rd floor but hotel is a bit difficult to find your way around - back of the hotel leads to the car park which is a bit off putting especially at night -some towns I would be concerned but Burlington seems friendly enough. $12 per night parking but compared to Boston very cheap !
Close to loads of good pubs and eating places - Farm House Tap and Grill has loads of beers in downstairs pub and The Vermont Pub and Brewery also good - also hired some bikes from Local Motion down by the ferry and cycled about 20 miles along the lake.
Loved staying in Burlington - would I stay in the Hilton again ? Certainly would

Room Tip: Got to have a lake view !
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for writing this nice review of the Hilton Burlington. The views from our hotel simple are one of kind and I am happy that you had enjoyed this. I hope you will visit again soon.

Jeff Webb General Manger

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have not been shown to my room yet, early check- in, but I'm already very disappointed. Wanted the Marriott, but they were booked. So, read the reviews, and was lead to believe I would get free Internet if I was an Hhonors member. I signed up so that I could take advantage. Should have waited until I checked in, because apparently new members only get it when they sign up at the hotel. Ok. Read that there is a courtesy shuttle from the airport, called from Newark, let them know when my flight was arriving, and was told to call when I arrived at the Burlington airport. Was not told to reserve the shuttle. Get to baggage claim, call for the shuttle, can't come to get me because they are coming to the airport 45 minutes later for someone else. Really. $20 cab ride late, I'm at the hotel, can't check me in. This is reasonable, I'm early. Go to breakfast, order a mimosa, there's ice in it. Who puts ice in a champagne drink? What's the point? If I didn't want bubbles, I wouldn't order champagne. I am hoping the rest of the trip is better. Cranky so far.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

I am sorry to hear that visit to Burlington is off to a bad start. I am sure that by now my team has fixed all the issues that you have noted. If this is not the case please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I chose this hotel for our 10 year wedding anniversary. We had stayed here on our honeymoon (then under different name) because of it's view of lake Champlain and location. This time around we had our 2 children with us, so I booked 2 rooms adjoining over looking the lake. I only mentioned this fact once during the booking process with the front desk that it was our anniversary. Upon entering our rooms, we found the manager had placed a bottle of Champagne on ice and had delivered chocolate covered strawberries! Additionally, they had placed some cookies and drinks in the room for the kids and a warm and thoughtful note for each of us. Due to my job, I spend 125 nights a year for away from home and I can assure you there is a severe lack of attention to detail and service in the hospitality industry...but not here. As far as the hotel is concerned, we found it clean, central to downtown with stellar views of the lake. The staff was friendly and the breakfast buffet was excellent. Parking is the only drawback. The additional charge should be included in the price, not broken out. Also, there is no sign indicating that ski racks won't fit in the garage, that is, until you're in the garage and scraping along the ceiling. Overall this is an excellent hotel, my compliments to the manager! - MR

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Burlington on Trip advisor. Creating wonderful guest experiences such as the one that you have outlined is why our team loves the hospitality business. I hope that we will return on your next anniversary.

General Manger

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in October.The room was way too small for two (it was a queen).The lighting was so bad that my husband could only see to shave one side of his face and it was next to impossible to apply my makeup.There was no magnifying mirror, the toilet didn't work right, no luggage racks.It was more expensive than some 5 star hotels we've stayed in.The location is good but we regret staying here.After this experience I will avoid Hiltons.

1  Thank Andrea K
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your disappointment in the room you occupied. Please know that we offer a verity of room sizes at our hotel. I hope that you will return as my guest and have a more pleasant stay with us.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Burlington for two nights in early October. We arrived in the evening when a wedding was in full swing and it was quite noisy in the lobby and mezzanine. We were greeted warmly by Mari at the reception desk. We asked if our room was quiet as we had just flown in. It turned out we were staying on the same floor as the wedding party but Mari said if the noise was too much to advise and they would see what they could do. We went to our room. We were shocked to have been given a room that's window looked out directly onto the indoor swimming pool. It was noisy with people swimming, the chlorine smell was bad in the room - bad for our asthma and there was no natural light coming in as the pool was indoors it did not feel private. My partner went to ask to move rooms. He was told we could not be moved as the hotel was fully booked. I called after this as the chlorine was bad and I was concerned about our asthma and the effect on us. Reception then rejigged some bookings and managed to move us to a better room which was hugely appreciated. A nice lake view room. Beds amazingly comfortable, no fridge in our room but nice large tv with limited channel choice though. Dealt with a non feather pillow request quickly. Room service poor. Requested a salad without particular items in it. Took them three times to get it right! So I had to wait a while for my food to turn up 3 times as I had requested to get it right. Lady delivering it was very nice though. Though the plates of incorrect food sat in the corridor outside or room for a day and a half til we left. Nobody came to collect them or others judging from the hallways of many dishes so they may still be there for all I know! Room itself was in good condition. Bathroom a little less so but still nice. Very clean, which for me is a very good thing to see. Breakfast has a good choice. Able to accommodate soya milk request. Always a plus point for me too. Very friendly polite wait staff. I would recommend it. After initial teething troubles it turned out to be a good stay. Also right across the road from the spirit of Ethan Allen boat cruise if you go for that. Oh and we are Hilton honours members so thought the original room would have been better unless that was all they had left a few months ago when booked.

Room Tip: Do not have a room looking over the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to detail your stay for us. I am happy that our team was able to upgrade you and your partner to a wonderful lake view room. Isn’t Lake Champlain spectacular? We hope you return as our guest again soon.

General Manger

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed here September 2012 with my wife and daughter. I am a Hilton Honors member and usually have a pleasant experience with most Hilton's. This hotel while being conveniently located to Church Street with views of Lake Champlain is older with cosmetic updates. I was especially ticked off about the charges for parking, outrageously overpriced Wi-Fi, and lack of free coffee or continental breakfast. Instead of the customary continental breakfast you are directed to the overpriced buffet breakfast with the rubbery eggs etc.etc. I did a quick calculation and determined that the cost of ala carte menu items for coffee, juice, cereal, came to almost the same cost as the overpriced buffet. Who are they kidding here? As a Silver sometimes Gold Hilton Honors member I could not qualify for free Internet, free parking or even a complimentary breakfast leaving me with the feeling that the whole Hilton Honors program is a sham. My advice....find a newer hotel with complimentary coffee.

Room Tip: Get a lake view room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit to Burlington. You are correct our Gold and Diamond HHonors guest get many upgrades including free breakfast and internet access. This level can be reached with as few as sixteen nights at a Hilton. Regarding our parking, similar to many in town hotels we do not own or operate a parking facility. We share the city owned garage with the other down town hotel in Burlington. I hope should your travel bring you back to Burlington that you will be our guest again and let me provide a more positive experience.

Jeff Webb

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!