“Top shelf”
Review of Hilton Burlington

Hilton Burlington
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Great location within walking distance of downtown (just a few blocks). Gorgeous granite accents on everything, high thread count sheets, down comforter, king bed VERY comfortable with generous pillows (5). 12:00PM check-out. Parking garage is owned by the city and costs you $10/night. Seems like at $200/night they might be able to pick up the tab on that...

Room Tip: Ask for lake view, otherwise you get the view of the the parking garage next door.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review of the Hilton Burlington. Our team is delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back as our guest soon.

General
Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,676)

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here with my wife and 2 daughters. There was dust bunnies, no dust giants behind the furniture. I had to plug in a CPAP. Called the front desk, they said they would have someone clean it tomorrow. That does me no good when I am leaving tomorrow.

We also had some loud drunk partiers in the room next to us, they came to their room around midnight and were extremely loud. I called the front desk and they said they would take care of it. It didn't do much so I called the police and they were taken out.

I also noticed the furniture in the halls and sitting areas was out of control. The breakfast was crap. The management did NOTHING except to offer us a discounted night for future use. They're crazy if they think I would ever go hack there.

There were also a lot of rude people from the Province to the North.. I guess if you have a room connected to the pool then you must have domain over the chairs around the pool even if people are sitting in them. It's a good thing I wasn't there when this happened, which is unfortunate.

Room Tip: Check other places first.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bangorsux
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

I am sorry to hear about the numerous issues you have portrayed in this review. I am also sorry I was not able to address these problems when you were here as my guest. I will look into why none of your feedback was reported on my daily service report. It is very important to us that our guest have an enjoyable experience and we clearly did not provide that for you.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Booked this hotel through Price line and we were not disappointed. Friendly staff with updated room. Did not have a view but room was decorated well and clean. Short walk to restaurants and harbor cruises.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for the great review. Please let me know should you be back in Burlington as I would like to get you that lake view.

General
Manager

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my second stay at the Hilton in Burlington. The room was very clean and had everything I needed. We ate at a company sponsored dinner at the hotel and the food was excellent. There was a lot of attention paid to keeping the buffet filled for what seemed to be about 600 people. The only thing that was odd was that there was only one elevator working in the lobby I stead of two. The hotel may have not been full but it was odd. The view of lake Champlain was nice and the hotel is within walking distance of all the shops and bars on church street. A very nice stay and I would recommend it.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for the nice review of the Hilton Burlington. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team as we take pride in being the best in town. Thank you for your patients while we repaired our elevator.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were on a budget for this vacation, so two of the nights we spent in Canada were at the Super 8 and we had a great experience. So on the final night we decided to spend a little more and chose to stay at this Hilton.

Checkin was rather quick and no complaints. The clerk gave us some passes for parking as well, but didn't specify that parking cost $10/day which I noticed on the bill the next morning. Additionally, I believe wifi access was about $12/day.

You can definitely see the age of the building inside. Finding your way around the hotel is like a maze, it took me about 15 minutes to find the closest ice machine (which was on the second floor). Our room was nice and looked like it was recently renovated, but both of the queen beds were slating on the sides, so there was a worry about sliding off the bed while sleeping!

The hotel is situated near the Church St shops as well as right across the street from the docks on Lake Champlain, so the location was great.

Overall, I do not believe I will stay at this hotel again. I find it rather sad that we had free parking, complimentary WiFi and a continental breakfast included in our stay at both of the Super 8's, but not at the Hilton, which was almost triple the price!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please know that we offer many room rates based on room type as well as the season. Please let me know should you be returning to our area as I would be pleased to have you as my guest again.

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We had a corner room with a fantastic view of Lake Champlain. Room service was fast and front desk was helpful. There is an attached covered garage which was nice. The hotel is walkable distance to the lake and Church St, which has a lot of tourist shops and places to eat.

• Stayed: September 2012
Drewson1, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

I cannot agree more . The view from the Hilton Burlington is one of a kind. More than half of our hotel rooms have this wonderful view. We hope to have you back as our guest soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This hotel far exceeded our expectations. We were provided a complimentary shuttle from the airport, then greeted with delicious hot apple cider as we entered the hotel lobby. Rooms are large with comfortable beds. Rooms with a lake view won't disappoint. Beautiful! The hotel is in a great location with many great restaurants and shops within a few blocks.

• Stayed: September 2012
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review of the Hilton Burlington. This is a great place and our location cannot be beat. We hope to have you back as our guest soon.

Jeff Webb

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
2 mi away
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!