“Get a room with a lake view!”
Review of Hilton Burlington

Hilton Burlington
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
“Get a room with a lake view!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This hotel far exceeded our expectations. We were provided a complimentary shuttle from the airport, then greeted with delicious hot apple cider as we entered the hotel lobby. Rooms are large with comfortable beds. Rooms with a lake view won't disappoint. Beautiful! The hotel is in a great location with many great restaurants and shops within a few blocks.

• Stayed September 2012
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review of the Hilton Burlington. This is a great place and our location cannot be beat. We hope to have you back as our guest soon.

Jeff Webb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
ga
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I belong to Hilton Honors and requested a courtesy upgrade from city view to lake view at check-in around 8pm. Was refused but offered the upgrade at $20 per night. The change was accepted and very worthwhile. Spectacular view of Lake Champlain. Very convenient location. No courtesy breakfast as is common with the upper end hotels.
Thought the price for breakfast was too hight-too expensive for the usual family with children.
Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stayed on 7th floor with great view and no noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The Lakeview is incredible and I am happy you had the chance to see it.

Delassus, Mo
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Booked two nights using hhonors award points. We knew going in that our room would overlook the parking garage so we knew what to expect. Location was great for Church Street and lake activities. ( We found that by going through the parking garage, walking up the sidewalk on the left and then walking through the mall was an easier way to get to Church Street). We found the customer service to be very accommodating. (Setup a TV for us in the lobby to watch the Mizzou football game which wasn't available on the TV in the room), The only negative to this hotel is that it is a "dinosaur" when it comes to charging for internet access. The GM's comment to "It'll Do" is misleading when he says that a hhonors member can access the internet for free, as I was told you had to be at the Platinum level to be able to do this. I thought at least I could use the Business Center to print out a map to our next location but found the minimum internet fee to use that computer was $5.xx plus 65 cents per printed page.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Regarding free to guest internet you are correct Hilton HHonors members in the top tiers, or Gold and Diamond members receive many upgrades and amenities. This would include free internet access. At our hotel we provide this free of charge for new members as well. I am sorry if this was not clear.

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

On September 7-9, 2012 my husband and I stayed at the Hilton in Burlington, VT. The room and it's amenities we're all first rate. The view of the lake from room 327 was spectacular. In addition, the front desk, particularly Eddie, did everything they could to make two tourists welcome to Vermont and to their hotel. In summary, it was a thoroughly enjoyable stay and we thank you.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank profnrn
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for the great review of the Hilton Burlington VT. The view from our hotel cannot be beat. Year round the lake looks spectacular. We hope to have you return as our guest soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This hotel is a bit dated. While there only one elevator was working which was really inconvenient as there were a few conferences going on. The buffet was mediocre at best and no specialty coffees such as espresso. The fitness room also very plain though a nice view of the lake. And if you make a reservation, be sure to request lakeview otherwise you get stuck with a very ugly parking garage view. All in all, the courtyard marriott next door is a better property.

Room Tip: Get a lake view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will look into the areas that you had mentioned and see how we can make improvements. Please let me know should you be back in the area and as I would like to share some exciting hotel upgrades that we are planning.

Western United States
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This property was great as far as I was concerned.

I checked in and the desk was well staffed with friendly, efficient young employees. The employee immediately started to discuss the HHonors Gold benefits with me and noted I would be receiving an upgrade to a lake view room free of charge due to this, offered free breakfast, and free wi-fi. My keys and paperwork were all ready so all they did was take my card and I was all set to go.

The room was very nice. Extremely clean, very comfortable furnishings, wonderful view. The entire thing was super clean; bathroom, room itself, everything. The bed was so, so comfortable; standard Hilton bed, excellent.

Parking is a quick walk from the hotel over an exterior bridge and there is ample parking space available.

There were only two things with this stay that left me with a negative impression:
1. The parking was charged to my room at $10; I entered and exited the garage a couple times; the first time I was in the garage under 2 hours which was a $0 charge; the next time I was in the garage overnight which would have been a $7 charge. So I would have been better off not paying the hotel for parking.
2. Only one elevator appeared to be working so it took quite a while for elevator service.

I would not even consider another hotel if I returned to Burlington I had such a good experience with this one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you for the very Kind review of the Hilton Burlington. We really appreciate you taking the time and Loyalty to our hotel.

Cary, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is near a happening area of the downtown area with lots of bars and restaurants. The staff was nice and the view of the lake and sunset was outstanding. I did not like having to pay to park. The hotel bar had some local beers and the bartender is cool. I would go back again, and have done so in the last few times that I visited the area.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. We are very fortunate to be in the best location in Burlington. Also to have such great local beer. Please know that we use a city parking garage and do not have our own lot. This is the case with all the hotels in town and most of the business rely on the city owned and operated parking garages as well.

Jeff Webb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!