“Not worth the money.”
Review of Hilton Burlington

Hilton Burlington
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Over $350 a night for a tiny room. No free Internet service. They charge $13 per day extra. No fidge in the room.
Outrageous room service price. No in room movies either. I can't wait to leave! Naturally there is no free coffee in the mornings. Highly over rated, even more over priced. Stuck back in time when all hotels offered were a room. Don't fall for the Hilton name, I won't ever again. Remember, you don't sleep in the lobby. It takes more tha a pretty lobby to make a good hotel.

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank ScottyStafford
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Jeff Webb

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Should you be returning to our area please let me know as I would like to provide you with a more pleasant experience. A couple items you had mentioned can easily be turned around. We do offer free high speed internet or our HHonors members. Should you return we will get you enrolled. Most of our rooms do have refrigerators and the ones that do not we have extras that we can put in the room on request. Regarding our rates, please know that we are in our busy season. We do offer great specials though the year and offer our best rates on hilton.com.

Jeff Webb

Write a ReviewReviews (1,676)

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at this Hilton property because a co-worker and co-traveler on this business trip collects HHonors points. I understand his upgraded room, overlooking Lake Champlain on the top floor, was spacious and inviting. Mine, unfortunately, was not. It was located directly next to the elevator, and although there was absolutely no noise from the elevator coming through the wall, the room itself (overlooking a parking garage) was tiny. I had about a three-foot space between the dresser/TV stand and the bed, and perhaps another three feet from the foot of the bed to the wall / window. It seemed as though the room had simply been 'halved' to make space for the elevator next door. I can't vouch for any of the other rooms, but I would advise asking for a different room if you are presented with rooms X14 or X16, the X being the floor your room is on. Those are the two rooms flanking the elevator shaft. Those rooms are so small, you practically have to step into the hallway just to change your MIND...

On the plus side, the location is great. It's an easy walk into the heart of downtown, and an equally easy walk down to the harbor. The room is clean and well-appointed. If you don't see a hair dryer in the bathroom, fear not. It's located in a small pouch in the closet with the iron and ironing board. Also, I'm happy to report an adequate amount of water pressure (one of my major issues with many hotels with water-saving shower heads is insufficient water pressure).

For one night and for simple sleep accomodations near downtown, this hotel is fine. Apparently, if you are a HHonors Diamond member, you'll probably end up with a nice room. If you are looking for a hotel room that is more than simply clean and functional, consider staying somewhere else, or pay the extra money for an upgraded room here at the Hilton.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending in 14 or 16, as they are next to the elevators and are very, very small (not sure...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

I am sorry to hear you were in a smaller room. As you mentioned we do have a verity of room sizes. Please let me know if you are back in the area as I would be happy to upgrade you to a larger room.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We're actually still staying at the hotel (1 more night) and we have been so happy with the room for the last 2 nights. This is our first vacation with our 8 month old and while we can't go out late at night and we are in the room for nap times during the day we were concerned about having to stay silent in a dark room for many hours. But our fears were alleviated - the layout of the room is perfect. The room is very big and there is actually a separate part of the room where we put the crib so we can still watch tv, use our computer, read...without disturbing our son. (Room # 228)

Location is good - about a 5 minute walk from Church St Marketplace and the lake. Very quiet (our son is sleeping great).

Only complaint is that I confirmed the crib in our room 3 times yet when we checked in at 2am there was no crib in the room. It was taken care of immediately and staff is very nice. Oh, one other complaint, the Internet fee in the room. I think it's time for the Hilton to give Internet access to their guests free of charge.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review. The Hilton Burlington is a great place for family vacations. From New York this is an easy quick trip. We hope to have you back as our guest soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

My group of 11 recently stayed at the Hilton in Burlington from 8/25 -8/27. When we checked in, we mentioned that someone in the party was celebrating her 50th birthday. The front-desk receptionist, Nicole, had a bucket of local beers and champagne sent to our room. What a nice surprise and treat. .

We also had someone in the party with a knee injury and was having problems getting around. Since we had reservations at the Windjammer Restaurant in So. Burlington, we had planned on taking a couple of taxis. However, the hotel told us that as long as their shuttle wasn't taking someone to the airport, we could use it. Sure enough, Alex drove us back and forth to our dinner reservation in So. Burlington. He was very friendly, made menu recommendations and when he picked us up, made recommendations for things to do later that night.

My only wish is that they fix the elevator. There are only 2 in the hotel and 1 was broken the entire time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for the nice review of the Hilton Burlington VT. Nicole and Alex are two outstanding team members. I will be sure to pass your feedback into them. Please except my apologies for the elevator being down. It is under a major renovation that is scheduled to be complete in a week.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed August 22, 2012

you are paying for the location in this older Hilton at the edge of the lake and a few blocks from the heart of downtown Burlington's "action". I had booked a city view king room, and thats what I got. Parking is additional 10 dollars (city owned garage) and for 250 dollar a night experience, this was hardly a good value. The rooms were fine (612's bath could use some 'de-mildewing' on the bath caulk), but otherwise fine. One elevator working (same as last visit), and they charge you for wifi (this I believe is the biggest rip off..even cheap Ma and Pop motels offer free wi fi)...
It feeels like the hotel is rewarded for its prime location, not great value, service, or extras.
I am sure we will be back, as we love the location, but this property needs to build value into the experience. It is Burlington not Boston or New York. For the same $ the Courtyard next door offers better value.

Room Tip: beware they charge for parking!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We will certainly use your feed back to improve our guest experience. When you return to Burlington please let me know as we provide free high speed internet service to our Hilton HHonors members and we can easily get you signed up.

General Manger

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The city-view room was tiny and cramped to a point that we needed to use the coffeemaker on the floor as there was no outlet near the dresser. TV was located off to the side of the bed which made watching it from the bed painful (maybe not the worst since they do not offer movies in the room). One elevator was not working throughout our entire stay without any evidence they were trying to fix it which caused long wait times every time. Exercise room was in disrepair. Only good thing is the location relative to the lake and downtown. However vastly overpriced.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our hotel has a verity of room types in various sizes. I am sorry that the room you reserved did not meet your expectations. I hope you will let me know should you be back in the Burlington area as I would appreciate the opportunity to have you as my guest again.

General Manger

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were charged over 250$ for a room in this facility and found from the very onset that it has been somewhat let go over the past few years. There are obvious signs of broken moldings through the rooms and hotel, needs lots of paint, carpets were worn down. The room curtains were dusty, comforters needed to be replaced, etc..

A petty swipe was being charged 10$ for parking above the hotel rates.

The beds themselves were WAY too soft (making for a bad night sleep). It seems to me that this is the most important part of the room.

The worse experience though was the pool area. The ventilation was so bad that it was hard to breath (stuffy and VERY hot). Broken tiles were evident, ladders were damaged and the pool itself was so over chlorinated that the water was milky cloudy. This area is clearly not a priority for the hotel (and if you are a family booking with this in mind, book elsewhere). Our skin was red after swimming in this pool.

What I would say generally speaking... Old and needs a facelift.

Room Tip: If planning with kids to enjoy the pool... go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Thank you for letting us knows that you did not enjoy your stay. The room conditions and housekeeping issues you mentioned are quit concerning. My team and I manage a room’s maintenance program and I will review this with them. We appreciate you letting us know as we set very high expectations for our team and we use all feedback good or bad to improve.

Jeff Webb

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
2 mi away
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!