“Great customer service, Great Location”
Review of Hilton Burlington

Hilton Burlington
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Boston
“Great customer service, Great Location”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My group of 11 recently stayed at the Hilton in Burlington from 8/25 -8/27. When we checked in, we mentioned that someone in the party was celebrating her 50th birthday. The front-desk receptionist, Nicole, had a bucket of local beers and champagne sent to our room. What a nice surprise and treat. .

We also had someone in the party with a knee injury and was having problems getting around. Since we had reservations at the Windjammer Restaurant in So. Burlington, we had planned on taking a couple of taxis. However, the hotel told us that as long as their shuttle wasn't taking someone to the airport, we could use it. Sure enough, Alex drove us back and forth to our dinner reservation in So. Burlington. He was very friendly, made menu recommendations and when he picked us up, made recommendations for things to do later that night.

My only wish is that they fix the elevator. There are only 2 in the hotel and 1 was broken the entire time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for the nice review of the Hilton Burlington VT. Nicole and Alex are two outstanding team members. I will be sure to pass your feedback into them. Please except my apologies for the elevator being down. It is under a major renovation that is scheduled to be complete in a week.

We hope to see you again soon

Jeff Webb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
Old Forge, New York
Reviewed August 22, 2012

you are paying for the location in this older Hilton at the edge of the lake and a few blocks from the heart of downtown Burlington's "action". I had booked a city view king room, and thats what I got. Parking is additional 10 dollars (city owned garage) and for 250 dollar a night experience, this was hardly a good value. The rooms were fine (612's bath could use some 'de-mildewing' on the bath caulk), but otherwise fine. One elevator working (same as last visit), and they charge you for wifi (this I believe is the biggest rip off..even cheap Ma and Pop motels offer free wi fi)...
It feeels like the hotel is rewarded for its prime location, not great value, service, or extras.
I am sure we will be back, as we love the location, but this property needs to build value into the experience. It is Burlington not Boston or New York. For the same $ the Courtyard next door offers better value.

Room Tip: beware they charge for parking!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We will certainly use your feed back to improve our guest experience. When you return to Burlington please let me know as we provide free high speed internet service to our Hilton HHonors members and we can easily get you signed up.

General Manger
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The city-view room was tiny and cramped to a point that we needed to use the coffeemaker on the floor as there was no outlet near the dresser. TV was located off to the side of the bed which made watching it from the bed painful (maybe not the worst since they do not offer movies in the room). One elevator was not working throughout our entire stay without any evidence they were trying to fix it which caused long wait times every time. Exercise room was in disrepair. Only good thing is the location relative to the lake and downtown. However vastly overpriced.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our hotel has a verity of room types in various sizes. I am sorry that the room you reserved did not meet your expectations. I hope you will let me know should you be back in the Burlington area as I would appreciate the opportunity to have you as my guest again.

General Manger
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were charged over 250$ for a room in this facility and found from the very onset that it has been somewhat let go over the past few years. There are obvious signs of broken moldings through the rooms and hotel, needs lots of paint, carpets were worn down. The room curtains were dusty, comforters needed to be replaced, etc..

A petty swipe was being charged 10$ for parking above the hotel rates.

The beds themselves were WAY too soft (making for a bad night sleep). It seems to me that this is the most important part of the room.

The worse experience though was the pool area. The ventilation was so bad that it was hard to breath (stuffy and VERY hot). Broken tiles were evident, ladders were damaged and the pool itself was so over chlorinated that the water was milky cloudy. This area is clearly not a priority for the hotel (and if you are a family booking with this in mind, book elsewhere). Our skin was red after swimming in this pool.

What I would say generally speaking... Old and needs a facelift.

Room Tip: If planning with kids to enjoy the pool... go elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for letting us knows that you did not enjoy your stay. The room conditions and housekeeping issues you mentioned are quit concerning. My team and I manage a room’s maintenance program and I will review this with them. We appreciate you letting us know as we set very high expectations for our team and we use all feedback good or bad to improve.

Ludlow, Vermont
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

The best reason to stay at this hotel is the location. Everything is within walking distance. The rooms were in good shape, but the common areas need to be updated (especially the elevator). Would stay again just for the location.

• Stayed August 2012
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We do have an outstanding location. Burlington is a city that is great to bike or walk around and as you know we are in the hart of the town.

I hope to see you soon.

West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days while attending the VCIA Conference (8-6 to 8-9). The downtown shops, waterfront activities and restaurants are all steps away. One morning, Jeff Webb, the manager was up early to greet guests with a smile and a hot cup of coffee to go. Thanks Jeff! We had a standard room facing the down town area; it was fine and met our needs.
Overall it was a very good experience and I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you very much for being my guest. We really enjoyed having the conference here and hope to see you again next year.

Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We have 2 dogs so limited when it comes to hotels. It was a nice surprise that Hilton allowed pets - but that was the only good part of trip. A slight pain to have a city garage for parking that you have to park on 3rd level to be close enough to unload your car. Also - had to scrounge around for a luggage trolley to unload my car - which included 2 dog crates and luggage for two adults and two kids under 18. Room would be great for 2 adults - not 4 people with 2 dogs. I had to ask clerk if bed was really a queen as I swear it was a full. Getting back to room - very small and cramped - as was bathroom - it was just too small for all of us and there are no larger rooms. Made the mistake to try buffet breakfast - wow - $77 bill for 4 people for breakfast - and breakfast was worse than the free ones we have gotten at Marriott Courtyard. I guess when you hear the word Hilton in hotels you think of quality - this was not the case - just not a very good time. Finally - room was never cleaned first day - had to track down a maid just to get clean towels and some toilet paper. Guess I need to ensure rooms are large enough for next trip or go to places I have gone before that I am satisfied with. Would never go back.

Room Tip: If you are more than two people find another place - and don't eat there - too expensive for wha...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bucky320
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your family vacation. Burlington can be one of the best places to enjoy time with your family and I regret that you were not comfortable. Most of the issues that you had mentioned can and should have been easily corrected. Our bellmen located at the hotel front are here to assist with loading and unloading our guest. We also offer rooms that are larger in size, or we having many rooms that connect. This would allow plenty of space for two adults two childern and two dogs. We should have pointed out on in our pet policy that we will not service the room with unattended pets in them.

I hope that you will let me know should you be back in our town so we may provide a better experience.

Jeff Webb | General Manager
Hilton Burlington,
60 Battery Street Burlington VT 05401
Hotel: 802-658-6500
Direct: 802-859-5034
Fax: 802-863-7818
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!