“Best Lobster Salad Sandwich EVER!”
Review of Ice House - CLOSED

Ice House
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I had the best lunch here the other day. Fantastic food, great service, and I have to add...an exceptionally attractive staff! I had the lobster salad sandwich and it was truly amazing. I've had many in my day, but this was by far the chunkiest and freshest lobster meat for your buck. Highly recommend this place!

1  Thank VTskiier

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Recently had lunch at this restaurant. We sat on the deck which provided a nice view of the harbour. We ordered a cup of clam chowder ($5)...it was delicious. Then we ordered the special... a lobster sandwich. The sandwich was small for a $22 price tag. They served chips with it. Not impressed! Our waiter was not particularly friendly, and we were not told what the cost was for the special. It was not listed on the outdoor board, nor in the menu, nor did our waiter let us know. Our mistake was to not ask. I will never do that again. Usually specials cost less than the regular menu. We had a glass of wine at $8.50 a glass. Then they added an 18.5% tip to our bill. What I think should have cost under $30 for lunch, cost over $50 with tip for one person... a bit high for lunch!

Reviewed September 1, 2014

We stopped for lunch while in Burlington and ate outside on the top deck. The view of the harbour (Lake Champlain) was great and we watched people get on and off the ferry and tour boats come in and out as we ate.
The New England clam chowder was excellent. However the fish and chips that we split was only fair. Actually the French fries were good but the fish was tasteless and a bit over-battered. The cider vinegar was great for me but my wife prefers tarter sauce with her fish and it was "one of the worst she has ever had". The local beer was good.
Service was quick and friendly as well. Really it was only the fish (and tarter sauce) that we didn't like that well. Unfortunately that was the main part of our meal.

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I celebrated our 30th anniversary in Burlington,VT and dined at this historical restaurant that served tasty seafood,
delicious cocktail....and luscious desserts! The view of the sunset from the outside deck was magnificent!!

2  Thank aliciabird
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The first night we stopped in for drinks and were NOT disappointed - my husband had an IPA beer and I had a good Sauvignon blanc - the glasses were filled- we enjoyed a sunset on the lake and was very comfortable on the casual deck - so much so that we dined at the ice house the next evening /
Dinner at the ice house was excellent - began w a plate of fried calamari - very light crisp - dipping sauce was a bit too " ketchup-y" but was still good -
My husband had the filet mignon cooked to perfection with lots of well seasoned veggies -
I had the tuna ahi served with yellow watermelon - a marriage made in heaven - a must try - I wished the serving size was larger for a dinner -
Our server Jeffrey was fantastic and took lots of time to describe the entrees and sights of Burlington - drinks came right away as did the warm bread and salted butter - awesome -
Ice house has many wonderful menu items for the whole family and i totally recommend this restaurant with a view on a beautiful summer evening

1  Thank Nancy D