“Great food and beautiful view”
Review of Ice House - CLOSED

Ice House
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Started with fresh oysters and Prince Edward Island mussels. Excellent food and a beautiful view of Lake Champlain. Good service and very fresh seafood.

2  Thank BoilerMaker04
There are newer reviews for Ice House

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I'm over 40 and the last time I was at this restaurant was for my 8th birthday. I was very into rainbows at the time and so I ordered Rainbow Trout and I was extremely disappointed that it had no rainbow on it! Too bad there was no Tripadvisor back then. LOL! Anyway, although this restaurant is a local landmark, I had not tried it again until a few weeks ago when I attended a large dinner here with a few coworkers and many of our customers. The lower deck and lake view created the perfect setting and our customers seemed to really enjoy it. My food (fish tacos) was very good and the waitstaff for our table were nicely attentive and helpful. I had such a good time I took my husband for dinner about 10 days afterward and this time we sat on the top deck which was nice also. Funny enough, we had the same waitress and she remembered me. Overall, I find this restaurant a bit pricey for the experience. The food is good and I like that they have some "lighter fare" options on the menu. The deck is really great. If the prices were a little lower we'd be willing to come here more often.

1  Thank snickerseg
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately , average + or - food and service . When I ask for pepper , please don,t hand me the salt and pepper shaker , not here , even if I am eating at the bar . Main meal was ok but not great got a spicy sea food dish , but it was not spicy , It was also too light on the booze in the drink

1  Thank Lindy A
Reviewed July 28, 2014

All of our food was very, very good. We shared a beet & goat cheese salad with greens that was perfect. Then I had a delicious swordfish special and my husband had the cod & lobster dish that is a regular. All excellent. Not cheap; each of our entrees was about $34.

My only caution is that if you sit on the upper deck at sundown the sun comes low and fills the deck, leaving no shade for a while. It got pretty hot. I think the lower deck was more shaded (but had less of a view).

1  Thank LauraThreeBridges
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The Specials provided us with pan seared scallops in a lemon butter sauce. They were very well prepared and were accompanied by a sweet pea risotto which was perfectly prepared and had a light savory flavour. The service was excellent and the price was complementary to the quantity and the quality.

1  Thank MattGNHUSA