“Great food, okay atmosphere”
Review of Ice House - CLOSED

Ice House
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2012

First let me say, I took a star off because I wasn't very impressed with the atmosphere of the restaurant. We sat downstairs and it seemed like the atmosphere (more casual) didn't match the food and service. That said, the food was delicious and they have attentive wait staff. I had the filet mignon and it was cooked perfectly. My family shared the calamari, spring rolls, and mussels and all were yum. And the tiramisu for dessert was very good as well. Go when it's still light outside so there's more of a view. We went after dark, so couldn't see the lake.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This location is amazing its right by the water front overlooking Lake Champlain. Wether you are sitting inside or out, you get a nice view especially during the sunset. This location has been here a long time and I have eaten here alot. I recently went in and was rather diasppointed, not only with the services but with the food as well. I found out recently that the owners changed hands and this could be why it was not up to par this time. I normally get the steak and or the fish and chip, which if you get the fish and chips I hope you are hungry because the servings are huge, I could not finish it. The tartar sauce on the side left alot to be desired, it tasted like its was thousand island dressing with mayo doused in vinegar. I asked for a margarita and got a margarita without the sour mix in it. Which was extremely unplesant to drink. Service was slow and the staff didn't seem to know a whole lot about the menu or to recommend any wine to go with anything. Quite disappointed, looking forward to a possible better experience next time. Will let you know how it goes.

1  Thank LoverOfFoodDC
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Dropped into this waterfront restaurant on-spec during our stay in Burlington. Food and service were really good all evening. For main course, we had Tuna (excellent) and my wife had Trout wrapped in Parma Ham, which she declared as 'really superb'. We were the last to leave, but at no time did we feel as if we were being rushed to finish.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Recently visited Burlington and had a delicious lobster dinner at the Ice House. Service was excellent.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Looking over the lake and the harbour, this restaurant is nicely located, especially if it is good weather to sit outside. In term of decor and cuisine, this is, however, a mediocre establishment.