Willard Street Inn - Bed & Breakfast Mansion
Hotel Vermont(Burlington)
$249
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington Vermont(Burlington)(Great Value!)
$173
  • Restaurant
$219
Courtyard
  • Pool
The Burlington Hostel(Burlington)(Great Value!)
$63
$189
$170
Homewood
TripAdvisor
All reviewscookiestower roomdavis familychamplain lookoutvegetable gardeneach morningthree choicesgas fireplacesun roomgranolaa wonderful place to staynew englandfirst floorbeautiful propertyoff street parkingbeautiful roomperfect stay
Reviewed December 4, 2013

An excellent small inn. The house itself was beautiful, the rooms were nice, and the breakfast room had a great open feel. The staff was very nice and the friendly owner made it a point to greet all the guests at breakfast. Service was top notch. The location was very good, within walking distance (though a fairly long walk) from the shops and restaurants downtown. The Tower Room had nice views of Burlington and even Lake Champlain. The private bathroom for the Tower Room was located across the hall, but we had no problems with that at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I am hesitant to say too many nice things about this B&B for fear of encouraging too many people to go. It was everything we hoped it would be. Beautiful building, beautiful decor, friendly staff, and delicious breakfasts. Hands down the nicest B&B in Burlington.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Beautiful, historic bed & breakfast with friendly staff & great location. Rooms are well maintained and the staff is friendly & helpful. They were extremely helpful in recommending dining locations. Enjoyed being close to many college campuses.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My Husband and I stayed her October 2013, I will say the old mansion is beautiful! I however was dissappoined to find out the room we booked and paid 275 a night for, did not have a working fire place, even though the picture shows a fireplace. I asked for another room and the one they had open also had a non functioning fireplace. In the morning I wanted to take a long bath but could not get the water above luke warm. I drained the tub and then took a barley warm shower. From the pictures it looks like it is on several acers but is on a street with a lot of frat houses. The view of lake Champlain is quite a ways in the distance. They have a very good photographer. I have to say I was a bit dissapointed for the price had the room been say 195 a night I would not have written this review, I would have felt I got what I paid for.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Babsmason
WillardStInnkeeper, Owner at Willard Street Inn - Bed & Breakfast Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

On behalf of my family and our staff I would like thank you for taking the time to write and we apologize for any misunderstanding. We do welcome comments of all kinds as this helps us achieve our goal of constant improvement. Foliage season is a very busy time for us, with many of the rooms booked a year in advance. To better address your comments I spoke with our staff to understand the details of your reservation. The evening of your stay, we had been fully booked for several months. Fortunately, resulting from a single, very last minute cancellation, 2 rooms became available and we were able to accommodate your reservation. Of the rooms available you chose #4 Champlain Lookout. This is one of our more popular rooms as it is one of the original bedrooms and maintains a great deal of turn-of-the-century charm. As all of our rooms are completely unique we devote a great deal of time attempting to accurately describe each whether by phone or online. The goal of this is to create honest expectations and then exceed them. Our apologies if yours were not met.

In regards to the lukewarm water, we have two high efficiency boilers to best keep up with demand. However, the reality is this is a big, historic house and occasionally and unfortunately there is a short lag in our hot water system when one boiler switches to the other. The system is designed to best minimize this reality, so please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort.

Our Inn is located on 1.5 acres in the Historic Hill District, the area chosen by wealthy families in the 1880s for its scenic views of Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains. Since that time however many trees have grown which is why when describing our views we’ve chosen seasonal, as to not overstate. If lake and mountains views are paramount to your experience may I suggest these are best viewed from some of our third floor rooms. Our Inn offers working fireplaces for all guests’ use in both the living room and the Solarium. If you desire an in-room fireplace may I suggest the Conservatory, Nantucket, or the Woodhouse Suite.

As for our rates, we strive very hard to be competitive in our area, continuously reviewing rates of other properties. Again our sincere apologies if we did not meet your expectations. If your travels do bring you back to Burlington my family hopes you will consider us again.

-Your hosts, the Davis Family

Reviewed October 28, 2013

A truly stunning historic home in a lovely neighbourhood with an easy walk to downtown Burlington and the shores of beautiful Lake Champlain. This Bed and Breakfast is gorgeous with it's old world charm and stunning decor. We spent four nights visiting Burlington and it's surrounds and it was a pleasure heading home each evening to the Inn and watching the sun setting over the lake from the sitting area in our bedroom. We stayed in Room 4, Champlain Lookout, a large room with a cute lounge area facing the backyard and the lake, extra comfortable queen size bed, huge en-suite and free in room WiFi. The breakfasts were freshly prepared to order and were delicious. They had a veggie garden in the back yard so I presume some of the ingredients for the breakfasts came straight from the garden to the kitchen. There was also fruit, cookies and drinks available at all times, and a guest fridge in the kitchen to keep any of your food purchases fresh. The staff were great with their tips on dining and sightseeing in the area and we loved chatting to the wait staff and Larry during breakfast. There was also free off-street parking at the front of the premises.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple