“More than Worth It!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burlington
Willard Street Inn - Bed & Breakfast Mansion
Ranked #2 of 11 Burlington B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here for one night and were very pleased with everything. We booked the Rose Room and liked how spacious it was. Most of all the cleanliness level was astonishing. This is not a modern building but nothing felt grimy or dirty. The fresh baked cookies near the entrance downstairs, as well as, the ones in our room with dried fruit were a nice touch. The surrounding grounds and their garden are also lovely. Breakfast was ample and good (and included things from their garden) but my dish - a frittata - could have used an extra something. I wouldn't want to give the idea that it was bad just that it was a little dry. I would highly recommend staying here, it is an experience in itself.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great B&B with a great staff. This Inn is a very classic mansion for this area and has a wonderful garden. You can walk to Church Street and many stores and restaurants. Our room was tastefully done and comfortable. Met the owners in the parking lot and they told us of discounted tickets for the Shelburne Museum which were $5 off the admission price. The breakfasts served here are really fantastic. You have 3 choices each day which you make a seating time reservation the previous night. This works well. I'd stay here again and recommend this B&B to my friends.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband and I stopped here on our way to Quebec. What a beautiful B&B. The room, staff, and food were all really great. And the location was perfect. We would definitely return.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed here with my family for 1 night on the 4th of July. Lovely quiet location, large B 7 B with many homey touches. The Inn has alot of information for the area, and the innkeepers more than willing to share information and give advice. The rooms were on the smallish side, old house smell noticeable in some (for those with allergies), but certainly not overwhelming or disturbing. I found the greeting to be friendly and helpful, the rooms clean, fresh lemonade and cookies a nice added touch, and the grounds quiet and extremly well kept. I enjoyed the breakfast, as did my family. The solarium is a wonderful room for breakfast, open and bright. Some of these rooms are on the 3rd floor - keep in mind to ask when reserving if you have trouble navigating alot of stairs. 2 of our rooms were on the third floor. The rooms were bright but small, with very small bathrooms (especially the shower). There is wifi at this Inn, a nice addition, as well as coffee and tea service 24 hours. Very close to the downtown area, parking right in front and plentiful. I really like Burlington, and will definitely choose this place again next time I find myself in this beuatiful spot of New England.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lawdogs1
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and i just stayed in Room #10 (Suite Larkin) for 2 nights and I highly recommend this inn. Once we parked our car, we didn't get in it again for almost 48 hours! The inn is conveniently located to downtown Burlington and the waterfront. We strolled down to the Church Street Marketplace area for dinner each night (Leunigs one night and the Farm House the next). We rented bikes at Local Motion on the bike path which we highly recommend. during the four hour rental, we biked most of the bike path, heading out to the causeway, then completed most of the "City Path" which surprisingly and pleasantly took us through the woods (in Ethan Allen Park) and through beautiful fields before coming into the UVM campus. We locked them up downtown and had a wonderful lunch of beer and pizza at American Flatbread. The inn was extremely quiet and our room was HUGE. The breakfasts each morning were filling and yummy - there was a choice of three dishes each morning. This is not a B&B where you ever see the owners (at least we didn't), but that didn't detract from our stay.

1  Thank alisonboston
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We went to The Willard Inn for a short stay in Burlington. I had read the reviews on Trip Advisor and they were all right! We stayed in Lindsay's Loft (#15). It is a smallish room on the third floor, but very comfortable with plenty of light and your own private bathroom. The shower was very small, but was fine. The house itself is gorgeous and I loved the gardens out back. We were able to walk into town for dinner/activities during our stay. We got great advice on hikes in the area and were given helpful maps. I would highly recommend this place to any of my friends!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I could not have asked for a more enjoyable experience than we had during our brief stay at the Willard Street Inn!! I would HIGHLY recommend staying here if you are going to be in the Burlington area. We stayed in Lindsey's Loft room, which was clean, comfortable, and plenty spacious for the one evening we were able to spend there. Breakfast in the spacious, well lit dining area overlooking a beautiful garden in the back was a highlight. And the food was top notch! We are already planning a trip back soon.

• Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hotel Vermont
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
1 mi away
DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington Vermont
Courtyard Burlington Harbor

Been to Willard Street Inn - Bed & Breakfast Mansion? Share your experiences!