“Very Disappointed”

Spirit of Ethan Allen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Vermont's largest cruise ship and floating restaurant on Lake Champlain. Daily tours offered, May - October.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We thought the sunset cruise would be fun - and we were disappointed. We had read reviews and in some of the advertising that this was a narrated cruise. It was not and the captain was somewhat rude when one of the passengers asked him about it. We were one of only 2 couples that did not order dinner with our cruise - we just wanted to cruise. The snack bar/drink menu was just fine for us. The boat ride started out fun. However, it started to rain, so instead of turning back and offering us money back, we spent our two hour sunset tour sitting in one spot in the lake and waiting for 2.5 hours was over to go back inland. It was dark and rainy and clearly, the sun was gone so we didn't see a sunset. I was very unhappy with the money we spent to sit in one spot on the lake. I would not go again. The staff was not very friendly and parents allowed their children to run free on the boat, which was disturbing to other guests. Not the company's fault, but an employee could have said something to the parents.

502 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 362 helpful votes
“An delightful evening”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Took a sunset cruise on a Sunday evening. The two and half hours were pleasant and relaxing. Unfortunately, the skies were overcast and we didn't see any sunset. There was drink and food available and the ride was very smooth.

Cranston, Rhode Island
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice Cruise”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The ship is approximately 220Ft or more, so anyone afraid of water and boats can cruise and feel safe. I went with my husband and another couple. We are considered Senior. There wasn't any special pricing which didn't bother us. It was $20.00 per adult and $29.00 for a luch included. We were not hungry so we skipped the lunch. They placed us on the top deck, so we didn't have to sit with the lunch group. The narration was informative and enjoyable. The day we went was foggy and showers and we still enjoyed the cruise. Everyone of the crew members were polite and friendly. On a clear day, I'm sure it would be even more enjoyable, but we didn't have any regrets.

Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Beautiful evening cruise...”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went on a Sunset Cruise without the dinner option. They have a large number of choices from their Snack Bar available and we made use of those. We sat outside on e from of the boat and had a wonderful time. The views are spectacular! The food was better than average and the service was good. Prices are lower than what you might expect. My only complaint is about the music which plates constantly during the entire trip.

Joliet, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Nice boat ride”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Boat is nice. Ride was enjoyable. Lunch was ok. Gentleman at ticket counter was rude. He was not visible when we walked up to the booth so I called the number listed on the brochure to get info. He materialized when i was on the phone. He basically scolded me when I was on the phone with the boat company and said I had looked right at him and that he was there to assist. I had not seen him before I made the call. After I got off the phone he helped me but he did not explain that there was the buffet lunch option and a snack option with the boat trip. Knowing we were traveling with three kids, he should have explained the options because the kids would have preferred the snack option ... Hot dogs, nachos, etc. verses buffet. Buffet was ok.. Not great.

Visited July 2013