“An delightful evening”

Spirit of Ethan Allen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Vermont's largest cruise ship and floating restaurant on Lake Champlain. Daily tours offered, May - October.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Took a sunset cruise on a Sunday evening. The two and half hours were pleasant and relaxing. Unfortunately, the skies were overcast and we didn't see any sunset. There was drink and food available and the ride was very smooth.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The ship is approximately 220Ft or more, so anyone afraid of water and boats can cruise and feel safe. I went with my husband and another couple. We are considered Senior. There wasn't any special pricing which didn't bother us. It was $20.00 per adult and $29.00 for a luch included. We were not hungry so we skipped the lunch. They placed us on the top deck, so we didn't have to sit with the lunch group. The narration was informative and enjoyable. The day we went was foggy and showers and we still enjoyed the cruise. Everyone of the crew members were polite and friendly. On a clear day, I'm sure it would be even more enjoyable, but we didn't have any regrets.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went on a Sunset Cruise without the dinner option. They have a large number of choices from their Snack Bar available and we made use of those. We sat outside on e from of the boat and had a wonderful time. The views are spectacular! The food was better than average and the service was good. Prices are lower than what you might expect. My only complaint is about the music which plates constantly during the entire trip.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Boat is nice. Ride was enjoyable. Lunch was ok. Gentleman at ticket counter was rude. He was not visible when we walked up to the booth so I called the number listed on the brochure to get info. He materialized when i was on the phone. He basically scolded me when I was on the phone with the boat company and said I had looked right at him and that he was there to assist. I had not seen him before I made the call. After I got off the phone he helped me but he did not explain that there was the buffet lunch option and a snack option with the boat trip. Knowing we were traveling with three kids, he should have explained the options because the kids would have preferred the snack option ... Hot dogs, nachos, etc. verses buffet. Buffet was ok.. Not great.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Nice, big ship; nice staff. I had the Vermont cheese platter and my kids had burgers while we experienced the beautiful scenery of Lake Champlain. The narration was very good. We learned a lot and took lots of photos.