Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort
Rodeway Inn(Claremont)
$75
RodewayInn
Castle Hill Resort And Spa(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
$232
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
$129
Hotels.com
506 On The River Inn(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
$239
Sleep Woodstock Motel(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
$118
$362
$349
The Shire Woodstock(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
$139
Timber Inn Motel(Ludlow)(Great Value!)
$129
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbedroom villamain buildingfull kitchenfitness centerharpoon breweryindoor poolnightly moviesremote areatennis courtslimited hoursthree bedroomski areaweight roommovie nightlaundry roomsimon pierceprice chopper
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Recently stayed here during Presidents Weekend for three nights and I was very satisfied. We found the location though an online website and was a bit skeptical due to the low price that we found. We stayed in a one bedroom villa in one of the outer buildings.

The staff was very friendly. One staff member called me several days in advance to remind me of my reservation and go over some of the details of our stay. I was highly impressed as a Hotel has never done that for me. Every member of the staff was polite, always asking us on our stay and very helpful with any questions.

The room was fantastic, with a nice new kitchen and decent sized TV and DVD player. There were plenty of dishes and cooking tools and when we walked in, the room was spotless. The kitchen even came equipped with a bottle opener which was nice because we forgot ours. The Bathroom, though small, was accommodating. We had a balcony that would have been nice to use had it snowed instead of rained on our final night. The bedroom was big enough with a lot of draw and closet space.

The lobby of the hotel was small but inviting. The Marketplace/Gift shop included DVD's to rent, however, we brought our own DVD's. The Breakfast Buffet was a nice touch, however, it was small with not a lot of options and I have seen other hotel chains give the same kind of buffet for free. In fairness, we got the room at a low price, so I can understand why they would charge for Breakfast.

The restaurant, Brown's Tavern, was nice and affordable. The service was friendly. I do wish, however, that the bar would have stayed open later then 9 PM on weekdays since the closest bar was miles away. Once again, there were a lot of families at the hotel so I can see why the bar would not stay open late.

There obviously used to be Skiing at that resort though in my research, the Hotel has nothing to do with the skiing being closed on the mountain. It was a bit erie seeing the ski lifts not moving or the trails in the distance with long grass/weeds/bushes bursting through the snow.

As for the location, the resort appeared to be in the middle of several other big Ski Mountains and small villages in towns, but there was nothing in Brownsville. We did go out to Woodstock and to Quechee village. We stopped at Simon Pearce, the Harpoon Brewery and the Long Trail Brewery. We even took a 25 minute drive to Hanover, New Hampshire for a nice dinner.

All said, we enjoyed our stay. I do feel the beds could have been more comfortable. I was also a bit concerned when the TV remotes had Electrical Tape holding in the batteries. I didn't mind it too much, but it does take away from the overall appearance of the room. And the walls and ceilings are thin as I was able to hear a lot of noise in other rooms. But with all that said, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Try to stay in a second floor villa. We had a first floor villa and above us had kids running up and down their stairs and across the villas all morning from 7 Am on that had us up early in the morning.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rich S
HIClubVacationsAMR1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. My staff and I are always happy to discover that our guests enjoyed their visit. I will be certain to forward to them your comments.

We do charge a small fee for our breakfast as it is not included in the rental fee. I hope you found it enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing our resort for your President's Day holiday trip and I look forward to your return visit sometime in the future. Take Care and Happy Traveling

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've been wanting to stay at this place for over a year. I finally had the chance to stay there in January 2013. The hotel definitely exceeded my expecations. The two bedroom villa was spotless, spacious and I had a great night sleep!! We did eat at the on-site restaurant and it was good. Some of the other reviews said it was pricey but aren't all hotel restaurants?! I didn't thinkit was pricey but I travel alot for business so I'm use to those price levels. If you don't want to pay the price of convenience, then rent a villa with a kitchen. We brought breakfast and lunch fixings and it worked out great. The accessories in the kitchen (coffee maker, dishes, pans, etc) were spotless, not sure if they were ever used. The fitness center was great, it had a huge pool, spotless workout equipment and a decent size locker room. I thought the staff was great! They were polite, patient and very willing to make our stay enjoyable. As a result, I made a reservation for the whole family for a week. Prior to my arrival the hotel staff called to see if there was anything special we needed and to go over the details. There were a few things that needed to be arranged and they spent alot of time with me ensuring I was going to have what I needed when I arrived. I was very impressed with the staff member who worked with me. I think for the price you will be very pleased. I will say though, it's best to book in advance to get a good price. They have a really good cancellation policy so if you aren't 100% sure you can always book it to get a good price and then cancel within 3/4 days of your arrival without a penality. But need to check the cancellation policy because it may change. It's also near 4 ski mountains (maybe more) Okemo, Stratton, Pico and Killington. All are about 30-50 minute drive. The best thing about staying at Holiday Inn at Ascutney is that you get to ski at multiple mountains. We checked out the accomodations on the mountain and it was about 3 times the amount! Besides, I've stayed on the mountain and those places tend to be very run down. I think the Holiday Inn is so much better all around! If you stay there, hope you have the same great experience I did.

Room Tip: Villas are great because you can bring food which is convenient if you have kids or large party and will keep costs down. Staying here will enable you to ski several different mountains not just one.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
HIClubVacationsAMR1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. I will certainly share it with my staff. They pride themselves on creating a memorable experience for all of our guests. It looks like you had fun enjoying the ski areas nearby. We are a great location that allows the ability to experience many of the popular Vermont ski areas and other attractions.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Take Care and Happy Traveling, AMY

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here in July , so this may explain the attractive pricing , gained on the net. Main floor suites have a large master bedroom and bath , with a smaller second bedroom and a TINY extra bath. Kitchen ,sitting , dining , areas are great. I was told that the second floor suites are even better. Rooms are not made up each day , but clean towels are available upon request. No overnight desk staff , just a grumpy security guard. When a very loud clock alarm went off at 5:30 A. M. , there was no one to contact via phone , and the noisy room was vacant. After getting dressed and finally locating the night watchman , I was able to get the full volume buzzer turned off. He made sure that I realized , however , that his routine had been disturbed.

Room Tip: Try to get a second floor suite.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adalyn2013

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay in the resort. We truly value our guest reviews and use them to find ways to improve. I will certainly make sure I pass on your comments to our Security Staff. The reaction you received is certainly unacceptable.

I will also remind our Housekeeping staff about the alarm clocks. There is certainly nothing worse than being awoken early in the morning on vacation by noise in the adjoining unit. My apologies for your inconvenience.

I hope you'll have the chance to visit us in the future. Again, thanks for your great comments and happy traveling, AMY

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We've stayed here twice and enjoyed both the hotel and ski mountain.
However, the on site Ski area - Ascutney went bankrupt and closed before the 2011 season.

Its still a very nice place, but be prepared to drive in order to ski!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dundey
HIClubVacationsAMR1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for the nice review of our great resort. Yes, our ski mountain is not open at this time, but Okemo Ski Resort is approximately 30 minutes from here.

Our resort is a great hub for our guests to navigate many of the activities and events that take place in our Central Vermont area as well.

We appreciate that you often visit us and certainly look forward to your return. Take Care and Happy Traveling, AMY

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed for 1 night in the 2 bedroom, 2 bath villa after skiing at Okemo Mt. I had looked into hotels near Okemo, but they all had a 2 night minimum and were much more expensive. We were very impressed with everything from the room sizes, cleanliness, to the friendliness of the staff. Would definitely stay there again and highly reccomend to anyone looking for a quiet, luxurious get-away.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank swimnsurf177
HIClubVacationsAMR1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you very much for the great reveiw. I will certainly share with my team here at the resort. They are always happy to see what our guests have to say and are so glad when they know our guests have had a great time.

We look forward to your return. Take Care and Happy Traveling!