All reviewsgracious hostseach morningfront porchlook no furtherbeautiful viewblue sprucecozy placeplaying gamesfantastic breakfastliving roomfall foliagewonderful experienceat homemy wife and ilukepuzzleshead
Reviewed December 17, 2015

Luke and Carin provided a very comfortable 2 night stay for us. We really enjoyed the decorated living room with the fire place and board games, as well as walking around the land. Waking up to such a beautiful view was pretty great too. And Carin made us fresh homemade sugar cookies with real whip cream- a major plus! Overall, they were extremely friendly hosts and we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Blue Spruce room
Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank JordPo
Carin M, Owner at Vermont Bed and Breakfast at Russell Young Farm, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2015

J&A, it was such a pleasure to have you as guests. We really enjoyed having you stay with us. I'm glad you made use of the fireplace and games in the living room. I wish we had more snow so you could have adventured on snow shoes! I'll see if I can arrange it for next time... ;) Thanks for your thoughtful review. We are glad you enjoyed your quiet weekend in the mountains. Best wishes! Carin & Luke

Reviewed November 7, 2015

This beautiful bed and breakfast is in the best location in Vermont! It's quiet and secluded and the most breath taking views I've seen and I live here in Vermont. The room was tastefully decorated and had a very nice view of the mountains. The bed was very comfortable and quiet! The bathroom had a walk in huge walk in shower with a double shower head but that is almost outdone by the heated towel rack (who doesn't love a cozy warm towel when you get out of a nice hot shower)! The breakfasts we were served were incredibly delicious and filling! Carin and Luke, the owners of this hidden gem are so welcoming and friendly! Together with their wonderful dog Stout make this stay fabulous! We can't wait to return!

1  Thank Jenn R
Carin M, Owner at Vermont Bed and Breakfast at Russell Young Farm, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2015

Thanks J & J!
What a kind and thoughtful review. I'm so glad you enjoyed having a staycation at our B&B. You were both such lovely guests. Thank you for supporting the Three Day Stampede for Cystic Fibrosis and placing the winning bid at the silent auction. We are so glad to share the space (and view!) with community members like you, so I'm glad you enjoyed staying with us. We'll keep the towels warm for you in the hopes that you can come back and visit again soon.
Best wishes!
Carin, Luke (& Stout!)
PS. We enjoyed driving through town and seeing the amazing Halloween decor at your house this (and every) year! Nicely done!

Reviewed October 22, 2015

My significant other and I stayed here for two nights for her birthday, and we had a blast. Our room was very clean and spacious yet cozy. Same with the common areas downstairs. We had a blast hanging with the other guests, both at night with wine in front of the fire, and in the morning during a delicious home-cooked breakfast.

Carin and Luke were great hosts - can't say enough good things about them! They also used their connections in the area to make sure that her birthday dinner at Mary's Restaurant was exceptional.

Being from Vermont myself, I can say with confidence that this place has everything great about Vermont! You can't go wrong!

Room Tip: We had the Spruce Room, which had great views. I can't speak for the other rooms, but it was more than accommodating.
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
Carin M, Owner at Vermont Bed and Breakfast at Russell Young Farm, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2015

J&T, we so enjoyed having you as guests. We hope you had a happy birthday and thank you for sharing it with us. I hope your finds at the antiques store found a welcome spot in your home.
Thanks for being so kind and friendly with the other guests. We enjoyed chatting with you by the fire. You're welcome back anytime. Carin, Luke (& Stout)

Reviewed October 20, 2015

My wife and I recently spent three nights at Vermont Bed and Breakfast at Russell Young Farm over the Columbus Day weekend, and we could not have been more satisfied with our experience. This picturesque B&B, perched high atop a hill with sweeping northern views of the Green Mountains, is perfect for couples looking for a romantic getaway, free from the stress of busier, more touristy areas.

Carin and Luke, the B&B's owners, are gracious hosts who made us feel welcome and at home from the very minute we arrived. Our room was spotless, and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. We enjoyed spending time by the living room's fireplace, chatting and sharing a drink or two with some of the other guests, and were very pleased with the wonderfully prepared breakfasts we were served each morning.

While this B&B is located a bit off the beaten path (something we were specifically looking for), we found it quite easy (and beautiful) to drive to the more popular destination areas such as Burlington, Waterbury/Stowe, or Waitsfield/Warren. We are looking forward to the next opportunity we have to visit, and will be sure to sbook our stay at Vermont Bed and Breakfast at Russell Young Farm.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple

B&E, thank you so much for your kind review. We so enjoyed having you and were really impressed with the research and pre-planning you put in before your trip! I hope you were able to accomplish all that you wanted - beer, wine, cheese, sightseeing! We enjoyed having you as guests and hope you'll be able to stay with us again sometime. Good luck with your kitchen renovation project! If you need a getaway, we'll keep a room ready for you. Best, Carin & Luke

Reviewed October 9, 2015

Spectacular views, fabulous breakfasts, comfortable beds, well appointed rooms, relaxing common area - who could ask for more? Carin and Luke are very gracious hosts who went out of their way to accommodate my special diet and make sure we were extremely comfortable. The location is the epitome of peacefulness and quiet. Our stay couldn't have been better! We had a terrific time!

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Carin M, Owner at Vermont Bed and Breakfast at Russell Young Farm, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2015

Thank you for your kind review! We're glad you enjoyed staying at our B&B and liked the breakfast offerings. It was a pleasure to have you here. We enjoyed having you and hope you'll be able to join us again next year for the foliage season. Best wishes! Carin and Luke