“Busy and Yummy”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bristol, Vermont
“Busy and Yummy”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Great food; I'm a local and have enjoyed the Bobcat for years, though it can be hard to get in without reservations. The burger is a sure fire win. Overall, I think the entrees are a little pricey, but worth it! If you are a beer drinker, enjoy. I had a mixed drink that was reeeeeally a heavy pour that lasted the night! (one of their specials that includes bourbon and maple syrup....) I went for the flourless chocolate cake for dessert, which was wonderful.

• Visited April 2014

Hinesburg, Vermont
“Great food, good beer”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We usually sit at the bar where service is great. The bartenders are super nice and personable. Food is great and they update the menu seasonally. A must visit if in the area.

• Visited March 2014
Keene, NH
“Great beer and service”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great atmosphere, more of a cozy restuarant but it has a great wooden bar where I had good beers and generous portions of food. I just had a little bucket of wings and a couple red ales and it was great. Lots of local people packed in there on a Saturday night which is a good sign.

Visited April 2014
Vermont
“Great brew, greasy grub.”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

A friend and I each tried a different Bobcat brew while waiting for our order to go. He had the brown, which was an average brown, and I had the pale ale which I thought was great. Nice piney tones. He ordered the burger..said it was delicious but gigantic! I had the Shepard's Pie which was also delicious but after finishing it off, I saw a large collection of grease on the bottom of my to go container. The grease had also leaked from the container during the trek to the concert next door where we ate our food. I get sick after eating overly greasy foods..hot/cold flashes, head/stomach aches, so the aftermath was not a pleasant experience. I will go back to Bobcat because the menu looks great but I know now to avoid any potentially greasy food items.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank brewtourist
Clarksville, Missouri
“Perfect little brewery in a quaint Vermont mountain town”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I drove through Bristol on our honeymoon, and I'm so glad we made reservations at the Bobcat and stayed at a B&B there. We actually ate here during the first week of October 2012, but TripAdvisor wouldn't let me pick that option.

First of all, make a reservation before you go. The place is tiny, and it's one of the few places in town that you can eat. The town is also small, and many shops close early. The Bobcat is only open until 9 p.m. on Sundays. The gas station also closes early so bring your own food/drinks if you would like to celebrate later.

The beer was fabulous. I love microbreweries, and I especially enjoyed their cassis beer. Our meals were amazing. I had venison chorizo meatloaf on lentils, and it was so delicious. My husband had a pork chop, and it was juicy and delicious. The food is pricey, but it is worth it.

Don't miss out on this fantastic little restaurant! It's only a short walk from the Crystal Palace B&B where we stayed the night and enjoyed it, too.

• Visited November 2012