“Loved Being a Passenger!”

Country Driving Tours of Vermont
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Bristol
More attraction details
Owner description: At Country Driving Tours of Vermont, we’ve taken three of our greatest passions—discovering Vermont, driving cool sports cars and eating great food and combined them to offer you a niche tour experience you won’t find anywhere else in the US.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This past spring my partner and I took two of these driving tours. Both times I got to be the passenger. It was so enjoyable to roll the top down, zip around, explore the breathtaking landscape, with a "local" narrating and navigating for us! I found myself relaxed and completely tuned in to what I was learning and seeing. Narrowing down places to check out and visit in this incredible state can be quite daunting. Having someone who knows the area and can weave together experiences that make for a beautiful day with good food...that is priceless, especially when your time in a place is short.

1  Thank Laura M
in 15 reviews
in 27 reviews
in 6 reviews

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I'm a native Vermonter with a love and appreciation for this beautiful state of ours and didn't think it possible that a tour in a fun car could enhance or increase my perspective...wrong again...don't tell my husband Steve, who is a transplant from Ma....that I said I was wrong....

The zip and fun feel of the car was great! You know the saying, just because there is snow on the roof, doesn't mean there isn't fire in the furnace:) I'm not talking car roof either!
We had a beautiful day and were able to put the tops down for our picnic tour. I personally think it would have been as delightful even if we were not able to put it down. If you viewed the videos, it really is and was that green and beautiful. Sue was the person behind the camera for all of those shots...

Can you imagine how those colors are going change and explode in the next 8 weeks?

As I mentioned, we did the picnic tour, which included one of my favorite creamie stops. George Landis, tour narrator and guide has a nice mixture of stories and history along the route we were on.

We ended at Dream House Country Inn where we shared more stories with George, some great laughs with other tour folks, while enjoying a delightful picnic lunch prepared by Sue.

My suggestion/s....book a tour soon for the foliage if possible!!!!

Gerry K

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I grew up in Vermont but taking the Country Driving Tours of Vermont showed me that there is always something new to discover. Not only did we take some back roads that showcased the beauty of Vermont, we were treated to a history lesson full of fun facts and Vermont folklore. We meandered at a steady but relaxing pace. George Landis, tour guide extraordinaire, did the work and we simply followed. No stressing about which way to go. At one point we stopped to stretch our legs, enjoyed a lovely snack (included with the tour!) and then continued on our way. It was at this point that my partner and I switched seats. We recommend that each person take a turn at the wheel. While it's fun and relaxing to sit and enjoy the view while George weaves his narrative magic, it's so much fun to drive! It's an altogether different experience when you share the driving. Ours was the dinner tour so after seeing the sights from our sports car, we stopped for dinner at a local restaurant featuring local fare and even more viewing pleasure of Vermont's beautiful hills and valleys. This adventure just kept getting better and better! After dinner it was time to go home, back to the Dream House Country Inn where the fun began. The sun was setting. It was warm enough to keep the top down. We couldn't stop smiling. For us, this was an experience like no other.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was lucky enough to be included in a "Classic Tour" this summer. Cruising through the beautiful Vermont countryside in a splendid convertible sports car while learning about the area through the two way radios was a memorable experience. Though a Vermonter myself I learned a lot and traveled beautiful roads I had never before enjoyed.Even a brief rain shower didn't dampen any ones enthusiasm. Especially nice was being able to just "follow the leader". No maps, no asking directions and no getting lost! Just a carefree ride through some of Vermont"s most beautiful scenery. Highly recommended.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The day my husband and I spent on a Vermont Country Driving Tour was not only great fun, it was memorable. We know and love Vermont, but driving the back roads in a shiny black BMW convertible while listening (via comfy headsets) to historic tales and fascinating facts was a new and exciting way to enjoy the state even more. Out host George Landis is not only knowledgeable, he is warm and friendly. He obviously cares about Vermont and seemed to know instinctively what would interest us and the rest of the group. We drove at the perfect speed to enjoy the sites and the soft summer sun, then stopped for a glamorous little picnic near the new Lake Champlain Bridge. Climbing back into the sports car we meandered past bucolic farms, explored quaint towns, and marveled at the long views of the Adirondacks and the Green Mountains. Our last stop was a terrific restaurant where I feasted on local vegetables, and a spicy fresh cioppino.

I wasn't sure a day spent driving and listening to a guided tour would be relaxing, but it was. There was no rushing--it was a perfectly timed excursion. And George is so easy going that all I had to do was steer. I must confess that on the last leg of the trip--back to home base, the Dream House Country Inn (5 stars, too)--I drove a bit more quickly and got a taste of what the BMW had to offer. I didn't speed, but with the top down I felt like I was living a dream. What a unique experience. The perfect combination of so much that I love: Vermont, driving, history, food, and friends.