“Enjoyed our lunch”

Long Trail Brewing Company
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Located on the banks of the Ottauquechee River, our brewery and brew pub offers a seasonally rotating menu featuring locally-sourced ingredients and beer fresh from the source. On tap we have more than a dozen beers including our year-round staples, seasonal selections and limited releases. Look for super-limited, small batch brews from our Farmhouse Ales series brewed in our farmhouse-turned-pilot-brewing facility and exclusively available in our pub & restaurant. When the weather warms up, grab a seat at our riverside deck or dip your toes in the water and go with the flow.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We went for lunch while on a day trip to Vermont. The food was very good. We were pleasantly surprised that pub food was so good. I had a meatloaf sandwich which was served open style with sweet potato fries. My husband had a salad and bratwurst with mustard sauerkraut. He said the salad was one of the better ones he's had it was so fresh! Our son had the grilled chicken sandwich which was also good. We tried different beers with a sampler so we would know which ones we should buy in an assorted 6 pack to take home with us. very nice.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

When I'm having trouble getting to sleep at night, or dealing with a long, cold winter, I envision the deck at the Long Trail Brew Pub to put my mind at rest. If I'm on the deck at Long Trail, it's a warm, sunny afternoon, and I'm on vacation in beautiful Vermont. I've worked off the maple creemee I had for lunch by cycling over Plymouth Notch, and there are good tunes playing. Soon one of the incredibly nice people who work here will bring me a tasty seasonal craft beer. Everyone around me is relaxed and having fun. It doesn't get any better than this.

Can't say I've ever eaten here, but some of the items on the menu look more interesting than your typical brewpub fare.

The Long Trail Brew Pub is my Happy Place. I recommend you make it yours as well.

1  Thank frankophile2
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The Long Trail Brewery is one of my favorite pubs anytime of the yesr. In the summer there is dining on the deck or the lawn, right on the river! In the winter huddle around the oversized fire pit. The brews are fresh and unique with a brew master who's trained all over the world. The food is pub fare but the setting is fantastic.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were hoping to eat at the Brewery after I just had completed a half marathon in nearby Woodstock and the staff was incredibly RUDE and unaccomodating. We were drawn there because of its location on the stream on a perfect late spring afternoon and we felt it would be a great place for us to also hook up our doggie on the other side of the eatery, outside the premises. I went in to ask about a table on the water, and they said we were not allowed to have our dog anywhere that she could be seen. At that point, my girlfriend was in the stream with our dog, OFF of their land, in PUBLIC water, and they told her to leave. We then left and went to a wonderful dog and people friendly place right down the road. Not only will I NEVER visit the pub again; I will NEVER drink Long Trail again either!

Ben B, Guest Relations Manager at Long Trail Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We’re sorry to hear of your experience and can understand your frustration. While many of us here at Long Trail are dog owners and animal lovers, for the comfort of all our guests, we do not allow animals anywhere we serve food and drink.

In order to keep our guests’ four-legged companions comfortable, we provide water bowls and a shaded area adjacent to our riverside seating to leash them. Guests are welcome to go out and check on their dogs as frequently as needed, as long as all alcoholic beverages are left in our service area. There is also a large open field adjacent to our parking area that we welcome and encourage our guests to run their dogs with tons of room for catch and play. We hope this helps clarify our policy.

While we strive to provide all guests with impeccable and personable customer service, it sounds like we missed the mark here. We apologize for the service you and your girlfriend received. We’ve shared your feedback with our Visitor Center management team and have taken the necessary steps to address this with the staff member in question.

We’d like to make this right, and sincerely hope you and your girlfriend will consider returning as our guests to find this was an isolated experience. If you’re able to send us an email at: ltales@longtrail.com with your contact details, management will reach out with more information. We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just visited the Killington area this past Memorial Day Weekend, and our innkeeper recommended the brewery as a good place to visit for some good beer and food. The white bean dip was well worth stopping for , served with warm pita , one order just wasn't enough ! Self guided tour was good, and so was the beer. Located right on the highway , this is a nice stop along the way when visiting the Green Mt area.