This is a lovely B&B that wasn't quite right for me, though others may enjoy staying here. Here are the PROs and CONs as I see them; you can decide which are important to you.
1. The common rooms, grounds, and guest room were lovely and clean. 2. Breakfast was very good - the hosts even inquired about special dietary needs. 3. It was quiet in the house at night.
1. We found both the house and our room too cold, even though the hosts told us "the heat is on." I run warmer than my partner, and it's rare for me to find a room too cold. There was a gas fireplace in our room, but the two-hour timer prevented running it through the night. 2. The road noise from Western Ave woke me in the night, even though I wear earplugs when I travel. Noise-sensitive people may want to research their room options.
A nitpick: we have to have our coffee in the morning, so we were pleased to see a Keurig machine in the common room. But whenever we tried to use it, the host insisted on pouring us a cup of coffee from the kitchen, which was not strong the way we like it. We tried to tactfully indicate our preference for the Keurig coffee, but the host didn't (or wouldn't) understand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crosby House offers three luxury B&B rooms and 2 spacious suites for a memorable stay in Southern Vermont. Extensive gardens bordered by woodlands with 9 miles of walking/skiing/snowshoeing trails in Vt. Trust Land. Yet, we're only a half mile walk to downtown Brattleboro with it's unique shops, restaurants, galleries and Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your 1868 Crosby House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.