“4th lovely stay!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Brattleboro B&B and Inns
South Dartmouth, Massachusetts
“4th lovely stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

Our 4th stay is even better than ever! Stayed in the Garden Suite these last 2 visits: it's a real joy with kitchenette, lovely decor, comfy bed, views of gorgeous gardens. Hospitality is very generous & warm; everything is in order & immaculate, and the breakfasts are divine! As a bonus, the B&B is in walking distance to downtown, and easily accessible from I-91. The Crosby House has become one of our very favorite places to stay in New England.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

This b&b was the perfect refuge for me when I was taking a course recently in Brattleboro. In fact, I was so busy outside of the Crosby house that I found myself wishing I had more time to spend in the gardens and in the house.

It was a home away from home and I found the room luxurious, the gardens beautiful, the hosts gracious and relaxed... It was a fine place to stay and I will stay there again.

The coffee served to one's room in the morning is a very special touch. Thanks Lynn and Richard.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

From the second we arrive, we were made to feel welcome. Lynn greeted us in the parking lot and upgraded us to a suite to accomodate another guest which was a huge bonus for us. She and her husband, Richard, could not have been any nicer.

We're not early risers on our days off and they were even nice enough to drop of the breakfast at our room since we were not up in time for the breakfast. The breakfasts are fantastic.

I wasn't sure if I picked the right place when I got there because the street seemed kind of busy, but once you are inside, you would never know. The backyard is huge with beautiful gounds and miles of trails. It is so comfortable. I would definitely reccomend this place to people visiting Brattleboro!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

Crosby House was beautiful with interesting period features and immaculate bedrooms! Our host Lynn was very welcoming and cooked a tasty breakfast according to our dietary needs! She was also helpful in giving us some local info. We were invited to make ourselves at home which was a real privilege. It was a little too quiet at times as no other guests were there on 2 out of our 3 nights and it is a large house to have all to yourselves! It is situated on a main road which although not horrendously busy does have some traffic noise associated with it. There is a bedroom at the back if traffic noise is an issue for you. We were at the front though and our 8mth old had no problem sleeping! Would recommend for those seeking luxury B and B!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
West Hyannisport, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

I really enjoy my stays at the Crosby House. It beats any hotel chain in the area. It is close to my business trip details and gives me the comfort that I need plus safety as a woman traveling alone. Lynn and Richard are lovely, kind, friendly folks who really make you feel at home. The decor is rich wood details and lovely touches all over the house. The grounds are just beautiful and there are trails in the back of the house leading up to the 90 meter ski jump. Very impressive. It is close to downtown Brattleboro restaurants and shops. It gives me a good feel of the community which is what I want.

Room Tip: Call early and speak with Lynn