Inn on Putney Road Bed and Breakfast
$69
Black Mountain Inn(Brattleboro)
$72
$70
All reviewspool tablethe pubb bthe main househot tubhummingbird roommaple roommoon roomjapanese mapleliving roomthought of everythinggrounds are beautifulbreakfast was deliciouslittle extrasquichewonderful hostsa wonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Truly a great experience. Rhonda, the innkeeper, made it clear our comfort was her first priority from the time we booked until we left, but did it in a way that wasn't at all intrusive. The inn is beautiful, immaculately maintained, and full of extras that make the whole experience wonderful. And the breakfast was amazing!! Comfy pillows and bed, lots of dvd's available if wanted. hot tub, complimentary snacks, a short walk into town, beautiful grounds ... and clean, clean, clean!!! Can't think of a thing that was off about it.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Rhonda made our stay great from the first moments, she had amazing local vermont beers and vermont nibbles. The room was lovely and she had thought of everything - hottub, dvds, popcorn... - breakfast was also amazing. If you want to be made to feel at home and have great local produce then you must stay here. I wish we were staying longer. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights to attend a wedding in NH. I chose this B and B based on the location close to our destination and the previous reviews. The room was perfect with everything we needed and more. Very comfortable and quiet. We stayed in the "Hummingbird Room". The main house was large and beautiful. The grounds were so pretty and peaceful with beautiful gardens and many little spots to sit and relax. The breakfast each morning was absolutely amazing and delicious with attention to detail that was over the top fantastic. The tables were beautifully set, the service was prompt and friendly, plate presentation was perfect and the food.....it was just delicious! Personally, I have dietary preferences (vegan) that I don't expect people to jump through hoops for, but no matter what Rhonda was making for the other guests, she made sure that I had the most fantastic vegan breakfasts ever! I will have to find another reason to visit Brattleboro just so I can stay at Fort Putney again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the cottage adjacent to the main house. It was very quiet, cozy and private, but the main house is very large and beautiful so I think any room would be perfect. A first class operation!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed here recently and thoroughly enjoyed this high quality bed and breakfast in the interesting small town of Brattleboro, Vermont. The layout and décor of the first floor really makes one comfortable, including a mini-pub where Rhonda has craft beers on draft . And speaking of the proprietor, she was super and is a creative chef each morning for the "breakfast" part of the B & B. The room was nice and the house is very interesting, and we can't think of a single thing deficient about our stay. We would stay there again and, as experienced travelers, we highly recommend Forty Putney Road as a great place to stay in Brattleboro.

Room Tip: There are choices that are priced differently and so see their website for the variety and cost of rooms offered.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

What a lovely inn and charming innkeeper, Rhonda. A gorgeous house and cottage in perfect condition with beautiful details. We stayed in the cottage with another couple and it was everything we were looking for. Get your reservations! It's the best spot in Brattleboro.

Stayed: July 2014