“Superb Beer”

Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Having travelled extensively I have found the most excellent, fresh brews at McNeill's in Brattleboro, Vermont. If you are in search of the finest beers anywhere in the world, this is the place to find it. You can drink imports that have travelled to the USA, but there's nothing like the fresh taste of one of Ray McNeill's many delectable brews. I've included a photo of Ray who is there to greet you most of the time, the beers on tap (most of them most of the time) and the exterior. You will not regret a trip to McNeill's if you appreciate the BEST BEER on the planet.

1  Thank Bill H

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I love McNeills....not crazy about the beers but sure do have fun tasting them until I find the right one. I always have fun at this pub...whether it be in the evening drinking or stopping in with children after the parade of the heiffers.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Been here a few times and Ray, the brewer is a hoot, but also one outstanding brewer. I heard over a year ago the beer was not as good. Also heard he was in the hospital about the same time. Well, probably no coincidence as without Ray,I'm sure the beer was be average.

I can now you now anyway, it is superb and some of the best I've tased. The pub is also a bit nicer. Need more food offerings, though. definitely a great place to down a couple fantastic brews.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stopped in with friends who hang there whenever they are in town. They told me part of the attraction is that it's more of a pub than a bar — meaning, more welcoming to families (thus the kids' board games in the corner) than to the rowdy. Having just returned from a trip to Ireland, I loved hearing Irish music playing. The bartender told me that HE provides the music for this "Scottish" pub. The cider was good, as were the appetizers. (And my friends gave thumbs-up to the beer.)

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We will be making our fifth stop to McNeils in a couple weeks. This is our first stop on our Vermont beer tour. Our first visit was as good as the last. Big beers ...Big flavor....real pub atmosphere. What more could you ask for ? Dont change a thing . Ron and Judy from Syracuse,N.Y.