“a friendly place”

Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I love McNeills....not crazy about the beers but sure do have fun tasting them until I find the right one. I always have fun at this pub...whether it be in the evening drinking or stopping in with children after the parade of the heiffers.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Been here a few times and Ray, the brewer is a hoot, but also one outstanding brewer. I heard over a year ago the beer was not as good. Also heard he was in the hospital about the same time. Well, probably no coincidence as without Ray,I'm sure the beer was be average.

I can now you now anyway, it is superb and some of the best I've tased. The pub is also a bit nicer. Need more food offerings, though. definitely a great place to down a couple fantastic brews.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stopped in with friends who hang there whenever they are in town. They told me part of the attraction is that it's more of a pub than a bar — meaning, more welcoming to families (thus the kids' board games in the corner) than to the rowdy. Having just returned from a trip to Ireland, I loved hearing Irish music playing. The bartender told me that HE provides the music for this "Scottish" pub. The cider was good, as were the appetizers. (And my friends gave thumbs-up to the beer.)

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We will be making our fifth stop to McNeils in a couple weeks. This is our first stop on our Vermont beer tour. Our first visit was as good as the last. Big beers ...Big flavor....real pub atmosphere. What more could you ask for ? Dont change a thing . Ron and Judy from Syracuse,N.Y.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

This place is kind of a dump besides the beer which is ok at best.  As someone who's been to pretty much every single microbrewer in VT, McNeills falls short.  I wouldn't dare eat here and the place was pretty much empty when I went on a Sunday evening. Surprising for a brewery that serves good beer.

I had the stout on cask and it was mostly half full after the carbonation settled.  This pretty much was a poor man'a Guiness. At $5 a pint on a Sunday in a dingy bar I'd expect a least some specials that you'd see in better brewpubs.

Thank goodness I didn't eat here because the place should be on Bar Rescue. It's dirty and I don't trust a dirty bar that serves food. This place looks like it was rode hard and put away wet.  It's sad because this place could be so much better if more investment was made on the food and look of the bar.