“Silks worth a trip to Brattleboro”

Delectable Mountain Cloth
Ranked #2 of 12 Shopping in Brattleboro
Providence, Rhode Island
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Silks worth a trip to Brattleboro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is a wonderful shop, full of mostly silks, but all natural fibers, plus a huge selection of buttons and some silk scarves to die for. I had a beautiful silk scarf from here that lasted me almost 10 years of daily wear, and I just went back for another one.

Their silk selections are absolutely gorgeous and inspired me to buy fabric and make my own wedding dress. Lots in cream/ivory tones, but a great selection of other colors for other uses. The owner is very committed to keeping production of natural fibers going, and she searches far and wide for a great selection of silk, with some wool and other fibers thrown in. I am not even one who likes to sew, but I can't resist buying some small pieces to make small items.

For anyone who loves silk, or loves textiles, this store is like nothing I have ever seen anywhere else. Small, but a huge selection of wonderful things.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank 500juliar

Gloucester, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabric Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Jan has created a oasis of magic and memory in her amazing environment.it is far more then a store. It is an enchanting experience into seeing thee most beautiful fabrics .what a wonderful treat.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank gracebonnie
Westhampton, Massachusetts, Usa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Sensory Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stopped in again to this beautiful store on a trip to Brattleboro today and told the owner that it really should be renamed, "Seduction". I am tempted by everything... the colors, textures and range of incredible fabrics, the crystal bowls filled with buttons of every color and design, the glittery and glamorous jewelry, the elegant scarves... the only place where I have had a similar experience is in Paris. The shop really IS an experience, not simply a place to buy all manner of beautiful things.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Paula M
Brattleboro, Vermont
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“A magical store”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

This store is an Aladdin's cave full of breathtaking and unique fabrics for creating beautiful home decor, spectacular crafts and indescribable one of a kind garments. Silks, laces, ribbons, antique buttons, old and repro jewelry, it is all here. If you want inspiration for a creative project, you will find it here. I have always found the staff to be more than helpful and their knowledge has been invaluable in avoiding costly mistakes.

Visited October 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Fabric Store in the Country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Walking along Main street, I happened to notice this store and instantly had the impulse to visit. I was certainly not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to ensure all my needs were met and even helped me make some very good buys. This store is a must to visit if in the area. I have several beautiful scarfs at a very good price that will sustain my memories of this store.

Visited August 2013