Hampton Inn Brattleboro
$179
The One Cat(Brattleboro)
$130
$121
All reviewscookiesgreat hotelcomplimentary breakfastcheese and crackerspool and hot tubclean roomsoatmealbusiness tripclose to downtownfront desk staffwould stay here againmount snowthe breakfast areasausagefresh fruitparking lotnew england
Reviewed November 25, 2010

This is my second and last stay i will ever have at this hotel. This has nothing to do with the employees, who do a very good job; room furnishings, which is actually pretty good; or location. It all has to do with the fact that the walls are "paper thin". The walls are so thin and the apparent lack of sound proofing is so bad that sounds from the next door rooms are ridiculous. I thought my first stay was just a bad experience, but that is not the case. The owner clearly cut corners in building the hotel and the only way it will be fixed is if people stop staying at the hotel and force it to go bankrupt and only then will future owners and franchisors get the message. Hotel owners don't get it. We want quiet rooms and comfortable beds to get a good night sleep and hot water for a decent shower. Without all of those the hotel has no value. Vote with your wallet and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank cdwnc
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Starting a new job recently, I found myself spending the night in Brattleboro for a business meeting the following morning. Working that afternoon, the internet access went down in the middle of my connection to our office. Of course I was horrified after about the first 15 minutes of downtime. Not a good thing to be happening when one is a new employee as I am. Several complaints to the front desk yielded no news about what happened or why. I finally packed my stuff and went to a local coffee shop where I could finish my session with my job.

I found the Hotel to be generally OK, but they need to spend more time cleaning in the areas in the room that arent immediately visible like behind beds and behind doors. It would also be nice to be able to interact with people who speak fluent english.

Overall, the stay was acceptable but I would expect better service from a place like Hampton.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I had hastily scheduled meeting here with colleagues from the local office and stayed overnight to take care of some details in the morning.

Hampton Inn was satisfactorily clean and rooms were acceptable. The price was extremely high but since my employer paid, I cant complain about that much. There was a burned food smell noticeable upon entering the building and it followed me to my room and even in the room I could smell it. It was rather nauseating but I got air freshener spray from the front desk which helped. They didnt offer an explanation for the smell though.

Also did not enjoy the staff personnel at all. They seemed cold and indifferent with that "fake" friendliness.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I'm a hotel snob, with Ritz and Four Seasons tastes. So it had been a few years since I'd been to a Hampton Inn. But, I found myself in Brattleboro for the night, and there aren't many choices there. Actually this location was very clean, and the front desk attendant was cheerful and helpful. So this is unfortunately more of a review for the Hampton brand. The walls at the new Hampton Inns are painfully thin. Before bed, I could hear the guy in the room next door yelling at the tv, and could hear the game he was watching. I was woken up at 1 am by this noisy and apparently rather amorous neighbor. I had to listen to him make disgusting sounds having sex for about 30 minutes. This was followed by screaming and yelling and a huge fight with his lady friend. In my sleepy stupor, I couldn't find the front desk button and didn't think to dial zero to inform the front desk (duh!) Truthfully, I was disgusted and in a bit of a panic just to make the noise stop. I called the room directly myself but by this time the noise was winding down. The rest of the night, I could hear this man coughing, etc. I realize I may have just gotten unlucky and found myself next to a loud, weird freak, but I still heard the tv, every cough, etc. This is just unacceptable. Hampton needs to stop building cheap hotels. You will not get a good night's sleep here due to the painfully thin walls. I will never stay at another Hampton Inn because of this.
The second thing that happened was just as I had finished getting dressed and about to check out, I heard water dripping. I went back into the bathroom and water was pouring out of the ceiling light in the bathroom and the light was flickering. I was done in the bathroom, but still packing up my room. I called the front desk and told them and they said they'd send someone after we checked out. They said there was a hot tub above us that probably was overfilled. We checked out about 20 minutes after I made the call, but it's kind of scary to think they were ok with letting us stay in that room with the light flickering. And I actually wanted to use the restroom one more time before we hit the road but the bathroom was soaked and I was afraid I'd get electrocuted. All in all, despite this location being cleaner than I expected, it was a horrible stay. I realize the light and water leak could have been random, but the painfully thin walls were just ridiculous. And we paid almost $300 for one night. That's outrageous. I will never stay at another Hampton Inn- ever.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cbuie
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We arrived very late at night, and the staff was great. The property met my expectations as far as the Hampton Inn brand, until breakfast. The owner's family has obviously occupied most of this hotel, and takes over the breakfast area daily. You feel like you are interrupting a family reunion. Good luck complaining to the owner, as he is serving time in federal prison for employing illegals. See: http://www.ice.gov/pi/nr/0810/081010burlington.htm

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple