“Clean but Tissue-paper THIN walls!”

Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I'm a hotel snob, with Ritz and Four Seasons tastes. So it had been a few years since I'd been to a Hampton Inn. But, I found myself in Brattleboro for the night, and there aren't many choices there. Actually this location was very clean, and the front desk attendant was cheerful and helpful. So this is unfortunately more of a review for the Hampton brand. The walls at the new Hampton Inns are painfully thin. Before bed, I could hear the guy in the room next door yelling at the tv, and could hear the game he was watching. I was woken up at 1 am by this noisy and apparently rather amorous neighbor. I had to listen to him make disgusting sounds having sex for about 30 minutes. This was followed by screaming and yelling and a huge fight with his lady friend. In my sleepy stupor, I couldn't find the front desk button and didn't think to dial zero to inform the front desk (duh!) Truthfully, I was disgusted and in a bit of a panic just to make the noise stop. I called the room directly myself but by this time the noise was winding down. The rest of the night, I could hear this man coughing, etc. I realize I may have just gotten unlucky and found myself next to a loud, weird freak, but I still heard the tv, every cough, etc. This is just unacceptable. Hampton needs to stop building cheap hotels. You will not get a good night's sleep here due to the painfully thin walls. I will never stay at another Hampton Inn because of this.
The second thing that happened was just as I had finished getting dressed and about to check out, I heard water dripping. I went back into the bathroom and water was pouring out of the ceiling light in the bathroom and the light was flickering. I was done in the bathroom, but still packing up my room. I called the front desk and told them and they said they'd send someone after we checked out. They said there was a hot tub above us that probably was overfilled. We checked out about 20 minutes after I made the call, but it's kind of scary to think they were ok with letting us stay in that room with the light flickering. And I actually wanted to use the restroom one more time before we hit the road but the bathroom was soaked and I was afraid I'd get electrocuted. All in all, despite this location being cleaner than I expected, it was a horrible stay. I realize the light and water leak could have been random, but the painfully thin walls were just ridiculous. And we paid almost $300 for one night. That's outrageous. I will never stay at another Hampton Inn- ever.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cbuie

Reviewed September 14, 2010

We arrived very late at night, and the staff was great. The property met my expectations as far as the Hampton Inn brand, until breakfast. The owner's family has obviously occupied most of this hotel, and takes over the breakfast area daily. You feel like you are interrupting a family reunion. Good luck complaining to the owner, as he is serving time in federal prison for employing illegals. See: http://www.ice.gov/pi/nr/0810/081010burlington.htm

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We were in Brattleboro and and needed a place to stay. The visitors center recommended the Hampton Inn and gave us directions.

However, due to the fact that the hotel does not have very good road visibility, we weren;t able to easily find it. The Hotel and the sign stay hidden behind a bunch of trees that are overgrown and hiding the hotel.

The hotel is fine for the most part and the rooms are standard Hampton Inn Quality. Hopefully on our next trip down to Brattleboro we'll see some improvement.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2010

There is remodeling going on in this hotel. We had a remodeled room so avoided the things that bugged other/earlier reviewers. Other than the decor (ugly), this is an above-average Hampton Inn. The room had a flat screen TV, upgraded bathroom shampoo, etc., a window HVAC unit with a wall digital thermostat. We were given a wireless Internet code at check-in. Although the hotel has no restaurant or bar, there is a restaurant/bar right across the parking lot in the Ramada Inn (soon to become a Comfort Inn according to the waiter in the restaurant--strangely a Tex-Mex place, in which we were the only patrons along with 4 guys from Cenral America who were working a construction job in town). Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare. Our room was on the end of the hall, so we did not hear other guests.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Stopped here on the way to drop child off at camp. Noisy TV from adjacent room; door would not shut which required maintenance; spotty cleaning job.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Went up to VT for a ski weekend. Brattleboro is approximately one hour from Stratton and a nice place to rest coming and going after the mountain. We arrived late afternoon and room was not ready yet - keep in mind we were gone for the Winter Break for school age kids, and the hotel was very crowded. We waited about 20 minute in the lobby before being able to get into the room. Lobby is very nice and clean. Food area (for continental breakfast) had coffee, tea, hot chocolate, water, and cookies available. Continental breakfast was good - eggs, home fries, pastries, muffins, cereal, yogurt, bagels, etc.

Room was nice and clean - on the 4th floor, bed soft and comfortable. TV was nice. Very close to town center. Only complaint was being able to hear some traffic from the road and people's TV from the other room - they must have had it on super loud, but our other traveling companions in other rooms had the same complaints. Pool and hot tub looked nice, did not use though, as it was very crowded.

Overall a nice experience and great if you are on your way up to the mountains for skiing. Staff was very nice and tried to accommodate us as much as possible.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Brattleboro Hampton Inn last night and couldn't wait to leave. The bed stank of feces and the toilet was broken. The staff person tried to please us but was still in training and had trouble working the room scheduling. It was very unpleasant, pillows stink too. They need new management to get their act together.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pinkyBrattleboro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
1 mi away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 10 in Brattleboro
Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn Brattleboro? Share your experiences!