“Should be #1 in Brattleboro”

Peter Havens Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 111 Restaurants in Brattleboro
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Peter Havens provides an elegant but relaxed atmosphere in which to enjoy chef/owner Zach Corbin's accomplished cuisine. The menu has French and Italian influences (always house-made pasta and gnocchi!) But always has Zach's own culinary flare. Locals and visitors alike enjoy the intimate setting and often enjoy dining at our bar, where we serve innovative and exciting specialty cocktails. Our wine list is eclectic and ever-changing, with an emphasis on natural wines from France, Italy, and the US. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Peter Havens is just as wonderful, or even better, than it was with the previous owners! Love the changes...the artwork, the music...as well as the new menu. The chef does a wonderful job with sauces that complement the entrees. Entrees are a little pricey, but servings are generous, and the quality is excellent. We enjoyed crab cakes, duck, flat iron steak, and homemade chocolate mousse. A fabulous restaurant!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We visit the area summers and Peter Havens had always been on our list of must do places for years. This year the restaurant changed hands and we waited with trepidation for our visit visit. Our hesitation was unjustified - it was still the same superior service, superior food, awesome desserts and excitinbg atmosphere jusdt with a few new faces.
My wife and I both had the onion soup which was outstanding and bore no resembelance to what's served in other restaurants followed by the escargot, served on a pastry shell with a yummy sauce lade with garlic. For our entres, I chose the duck breast which was outstandiong, while my wife chose the hanger steak which was lightly marinated and tender as a filet.
While a bit on the high side, dinner and drinks were well worth the the experience. We made reservations on the way out for our next visit.

1  Thank chap914
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We live in the area and just hadn't gotten around to eating at Peter Havens since the original owners turned it over to an inspired new crew. Our loss, but no longer! It's exciting to have two wonderful restaurants within a block of each other. Yet another great reason to live here!
We were a party of 5. We all ate appetizers, even though some of us are inclined to skip them, because they sounded so good. And they were: divine duck pate, outstanding Caesar salad, and others (I can't remember what the other three were but I got a taste of each and was equally envious each time!) Entree's included wonderful scallops, fine trout, a superb duck breast. All the vegetables were delicately cooked and perfectly complemented the plate. Wild mushroom risotto was delicious... You get the picture! We consumed 3 bottles of wine among the 5 of us over the course of the evening. Each paired beautifully with our food, thanks to our host Portia's excellent advice. One of our group has to eat sugar and gluten-free foods. The requests were accommodated easily without diminishing the dining experience. Don't miss this place, but do reserve!

2  Thank josjon
Reviewed August 16, 2013

While a bit pricey Peter Havens is worth a trip from near or far. When we walked in on a Wednesday evening I would have thought I was in downtown San Francisco on a Friday night. The place was packed and noisy. (Almost a bit too noisy. But fun.). I enjoyed two of the best filets I have ever had, perfectly cooked with very fresh sides. My wife loved the salmon, and we both enjoyed some excellent wine. The service was friendly and attentive without being smothering or pretentious. I would say this is one of the very best restaurants in the entire area. Don't.miss it if you are staying in the area.

1  Thank leom5558
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My third time dining here on business and first time with friends. An intimate bar and dining room tastefully decorated with a thoughtful menu and a very helpful wait staff. All of our entrees were excellent ranging from rack of lamb to a portabella mushroom in puff pastry. The wine list was compact but varied with lots of choices and the deserts were memorable. If good food and a relaxed atmosphere are important to you, this restaurant will not disappoint.