“Great food, excellent staff, convenient location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Panda North

Panda North
Ranked #19 of 110 Restaurants in Brattleboro
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great food, excellent staff, convenient location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Greeted warmly upon arrival (even though I was dining alone). Food was fresh and delish, decorated attractively with a handmade radish water lily. I can recommend the Duck Rose highly and the prompt, attentive service.

Visited January 2013

Connecticut
“So so...where the local go!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

After discovering that our favorite restaurant of over 40 years, The Steak Out, suddenly closed due to the bad economy and years of struggling to keep their doors open, we were scratching our heads as to where to go and eat. The hotel recommended Panda North as one option. This is a very busy locals restaurant - it caters to both sit down and take-out; has a sushi bar and a small bar offering all the traditional umbrella drinks as well as wine, etc. The service was good, food came out of the kitchen timely, everything we ordered was tasteful, but just off the mark - a little greasy, not enough spice, a bit too salty. Not my favorite restaurant, but something has to be said for going out for Chinese and sitting at a table with white linens, tea and noodles with hot mustard on the table.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank ChefLin
Vermont
“Panda-monium!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is an outstanding restaurant with a great atmosphere. It's loud and busy because people are enjoying themselves eating such delicious and plentiful meals.

The wonton soup is the best I've had since moving to the area and I can't wait to get back for more. It seems like I just order it and the bowl is sitting in front of me - the service is that good!

Portion size is decent but the food so good I demolish a plate of veggie lo mein easily. Have not yet had a dish I haven't liked and neither have my friends.

Parking is plentiful and the restaurant is close to Exit 3 [I91] in Brattleboro so it's a quick trip from MA or NH. [Well worth a half hour drive for me to eat here.]

Take a chance on Panda North. You will be happy you did!

• Visited September 2012
Massachusetts
“1ST TIME GUESTS”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

My Fiancee ordered spare ribs and chicken sticks, I had the sesame chicken/rice. Her food was great, the sesame chicken was just OK and the sesame sauce was more like a paste, VERY thick. The sesame chick was presented with an edible flower on the plate. I'm not a guy who drinks tap water, but, the water served at this place was unusually good. Waitstaff are VERY efficient. If we went back to this place, I'd opt for something OTHER than the sesame chicken.

This place isn't anything to look at from the outside, and it's on a hill, easy to miss if you don't catch their sign.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank BrenAndBob S
Brattleboro, Vermont
“A very nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were staying nearby at the Hampton so decided to try this restaurant. We were very pleasantly surprised at this bustling restaurant with delicious food tucked inside a rather nondescript building. The waiter was terrific, service was fast and friendly, the food was very tasty and plentiful. We had enough to take back to the hotel to make for another dinner the next night. We observed that they do a large take-out business as well. People were constantly arriving to pick up their orders.
Don't miss out on this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012