“Very accomodating”
Review of Black Mountain Inn

Black Mountain Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I was concerned about the reasonable price when we stopped, but was pleasantly surprised at the large, clean room with micro & fridge, decent breakfast and the staff went above and beyond to make us comfortable. Easy internet access.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DOROTHY G
abibratt, Front Office Manager at Black Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Thank you for complimenting our inn. We are pleased that your stay was comfortable and you found the guest room and staff accomodating. We strive to keep our rates extremely competitive for the area, and off season, it is especially important that they remain reasonable. America's Best Inns are a mid economy franchise, with useful amenities at no extra charge like micorwave and fridge, wifi, NESN and Encore movie channels! We are happy to hear you found the breakfast adequate,as we provide much more than the standard coffee and donuts. Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

There were a lot of spiders the heater air conditioner was falling apart. Found the spiders when my fiancé and came back from dinner. It wasn't a clean place to stay. We checked out and got half our money back and stayed at quality hotel by choice hotels down the road which was alot nicer with a nice breakfast and better service. My fiancé wrote spider beware. Do not stay at that hotel best value inn. They offered me another room I said no. And stayed at quality hotel by choice hotels down the road.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Burton1978
abibratt, Front Office Manager at Black Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Thank you for your review. Again, we apologize that you and your husband did not find your guest room to your satisfaction. We do our best to accomodate all our guest and we tried to do so for you and your husband to no avail. Although the guestroom was occupied for several hours and used, we refunded half the room rate and offered to upgrade or have the housekeeping return to remove any spiders. Its is unfortunate we were not able to appease you and your husband,although we did try everything in our power to rectify the issue once it was brought to our attention.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Spent the weekend in vt decided to stay here because of the price. Have stayed at other hotels in same price range with more cleanliness than this place. We checked in and room was a little run down we checked out the sheets on the bed and they had semin stains on them quilt was riped. we went out for dinner and came back to find spiders on the celling. Big brown ones then the hand towel had pee stains on them. Shower was dirty and rusty. Checked out and found a hotel down the road much cheprer. Hotel wanted to give us another room but that room had to be the same

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank hyechica

As I have already responded to your wife on her review above, thank you for your perspective as well. We did our best to try to relocate you and your wife,when we were made aware of the problems with your guest room. Even though the room had clearly been used, and was occupied for several hours, we did everything we could to make the situation satisfactory. Again, we apologize that you found spiders in the guestroom. We have housekeeping available 24hrs to take care of any and all issues, given that we have the oppurtunity. Our staff is ready and willing to take care of any issue that may arise, from a bed linen change to a room relocation to accomodate whatever our guests' may need.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Let me just say....although the gentleman checking us in was nice..the room was just awful.
I stayed there with my two son's on our way to our ski resort. The place looked ok on the outside, but when we got in and settled, I noticed that the sheet on my bed had a huge black smudge, and ewwww a long piece of hair, so I went over to my sons bed to check out the sheets and flipped over the pillow...ugh....it was also dirty and smudged. At this point I'm totaly skeeved, so I put towels (at least they looked clean) on the pillows, and made my sons sleep on the top sheet.
Needless to say I didn't get much sleep, couldn't wait to get out of there!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank katec60
abibratt, Front Office Manager at Black Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you for reviewing our inn. We provide customer service that is unparalled, and are pleased to hear that the front desk staff that checked you in was kind and courteous. We are troubled to hear that the sheet in the guest bed had a black smudge on it. We are staffed 24 hrs/ 7 days a week and are eager to please our guests. We would have changed all your linen had we been made aware. We recently had an issue with our commercial dryer which did leave some black marks on our laundry. Although, we did remove several pieces from inventory, a few got through. We apologize for the appearance of the sheet. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

This hotel is a little more centrally located on Putney Road in Brattleboro with a convenience store next door, fast food, supermarket and a mini-mall all within walking distance. As for the hotel itself, it wasn't a bad place. Minor cosmetic work to be done but all in all, the rooms were large enough and reasonably priced. Checking in was fast and easy, there is tractor-trailer parking, pets allowed and no pet fee here, and I think the only thing that was strange was the micro-wave in our room was seated on the luggage stand. Internet was fair. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was a knock-out tho! Over-did themselves on this! Very nice set-up with a nice variety in a very quaint, comfortable, plant-decorated room. For the price, not bad at all.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We didn't know what we might find and we had a nice surprise. Obviously this place has to be compared to other places of the same level of services. It's not a five-star hotel, but the rooms are big, plenty of towels, micro-wave oven, cable TV, WiFi, hair dryer and king beds. The hotel is run by an Indian family that add a mystique touch to the decoration. The breakfast is really good. When I come back to Brattleboro I'll stay there again if possible.

Room Tip: I stayed in a smoking apartment on the second floor and I think they are more silent for being more...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ana S
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I have stayed in many hotels of all price ranges and have to say that the staff at the America's Best was one of the most attentive I have ever experienced. I had to find a place to stay in Brattleboro as the roads to Wilmington where I live were out due to flooding from Irene and the staff bent over backwards to make sure that I felt at home in a very disconcerting time. The rooms are old and obiously could use sprucing up, but obviously the management has responded to previous reviews, as I felt the room, bathroom and linens were all very clean. The hotel is one of the only ones I could find that offered NESN for you sports fanatics that can't stand to miss a Yankees/Red Sox game. The bed was very comfortable and the room was completely noise free - a great night's sleep! The continental breakfast was adequate and actually more than I have seen in other hotels for the same price. Overall, it was the exceptional customer service that has me recommending this hotel for any budget minded travelers.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo