“Wide range of quality options for a reasonable price.”

Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery
Ranked #1 of 111 Restaurants in Brattleboro
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery combines a large casual restaurant and open air rooftop bier garten, with a small experimental nano-brewery, all located right on the Connecticut River in Vermont. We offer an "inspired pub fare" style menu, with everything from small bites for a few bucks to full entrees. Along with one, always changing unique craft beer of their own they offer dozens of guest craft beers on draft and specialty drinks, all in an amazing waterfront location. The unique round building has been restored into a beautiful fire-lit space with a contemporary and industrial vibe. Indoor and outdoor dining, perched above the river, alongside a steel bridge and nestled between the green mountains make the amazing location a "don't miss" on any visit through Vermont.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We showed up late on a Monday night and had to wait a while before anybody greeted our table. Otherwise, the menu had a comedic unique flair with a wide range of options. Most of the menu is under $15 so it's very reasonable as well. Would recommend it to anyone!

1  Thank Brittany S

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The setting for the Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery is spectacular. Set right next to and almost on top of, the Connecticut River, the views right off the bat are worth the visit. There is an outdoor seating area and they do have heaters to make it more comfy if the temps dip a little. Our group sat inside and while waiting for our table, ordered beers at the bar. I am particularly fussy about needing my beer to be coooold, and on this day, something was not functioning and I was served a warm beer. They tried to accomodate me by then re-pouring into an ice cold beer glass. It did not help, but I did appreciate the effort. If they had warned me up front about the situation, I would not have ordered it and gone with whatever they did have that came out of a cold cooler. Ah well...it surely was a one-time thing and I was definitely grooving on the view so all is forgiven. We were seated shortly after, ordered our food and enjoyed a good meal. I will be back, they owe me a nice cold brew. But you must go for that killer view, and it being the fall season...I'd have to tell you to giddy up while the leaves are putting on their best show.

1  Thank bgtmama
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

This sweet little spot sits above the Connecticut river, and on a cool summer day, the outdoor seating has the best view in Brattleboro. Their drink menu is extensive. I had a mixed drink made with gin & honey. It was fantastic (and the bartender made a special trip to the table to deliver my forgotten garnish). Water is served in mason jars printed with the train themed label. Our waitress was so incredibly nice. She was quick, sweet, and personable. The lunch menu was also extensive. I had a vegetarian sandwich. My mother had a salad. Both were fresh & delicious. The interior space is well designed; making the most of the railroad history without being too cheesy. A return trip is in order (for their beautiful beer garden & a meal).

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Second time here. First for drinks now for dinner. Mid fall evening was a perfect setting for dinner. River views were excellent as was selection of brews. Jason at the bar very friendly and helpful. Dinner was great except for poor waitress service. Overall will definitely return. Would just avoid the waitress heavily tattooed with the stupid ear holes.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stopped on the way after finishing some errands. I have passed by this place dozens of times and yesterday was a crisp, clear day and was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of food, the service and the 2 outdoor decks. One is up and the other is a lower deck. Both overlook the Ct. River and the views of the river and surrounding hills are impressive. The signature burger was cooked as ordered and was very tasty and juicy. I like the fact that they are a locavore place and ingredients used on the menu come locally. The blue cheese and the grilling were a great combination. Excellent chowder, not too creamy but delicious. Excellent service from the waitress. Friendly, warm, engaging and fast. This is a very, pleasant place to spend a few hours. Great spot . I will be back. I find it helpful to pick places not on Fridays and Saturdays or at peak hours.........lots of kitchens just don't do well under stress ......Glad we stopped and found this spot.

Hadley MA